Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip (not updated this time)
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
The netcode has been redesigned for a more robust P2P support with better handling of direct connections. Clients are now properly synchronized before initiating connections and are able to better keep track of connected peers. The host now uses dynamic ordering to decide how best to connect peers, i.e., connections are routed to peers with a better chance of accepting them. This should avoid cases where rejoining a session was required to prevent ghosting.
Centralized mode has got some love too: -latejoin command (host can set this to allow jumping into ongoing races) now works in centralized mode. The host now uses direct multicasting to broadcast messages to players, which should result in better latency handling.
When connecting to a session in lobby mode, the game can timeout when startup or loading take too long. Messages could be received out of order when multiple players connect at the same time. These cases are now avoided, so joining sessions should be more stable.
The MUSIC keyword in the level .inf now accepts folder paths. (#292) If a folder path is provided, the game selects music tracks from the folder to be played at random.
Code: Select all
MUSIC <Path to music file (or) folder>
- Online: PgUp / PgDn can be used to switch pages at the player list.
- Online: Now shows pings of all players with -showping command (P2P mode).
- Online: In-game player colors now match the chat message colors.
- Czech and Slovak translations were updated.
- Fixed podium cars jumping too high at high frame rates.
- Fixed broken antenna motion blur at high frame rates.
- Fixed Battle Tag time position in spectator mode.
- Fixed font glitch when restarting a multiplayer replay.