Visiboxes are not hiding things

Report issues and bugs here.
User avatar
Allan
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Visiboxes are not hiding things

Unread post by Allan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm

I noticed visiboxes are not able to hide particles (fireworks, water splash, skid smokes, etc.). I remember seeing this bug since the legacy Re-Volt, in some of the Museum levels I guess.


Image
Image


Besides particles, sometimes they can't hide few objects during the edit mode, even if they have all their polygons inside some cube.


Image
Image


However, they work fine when you unlock and lock the camera.


Image
Image


That seems to occur only when shaders are turned on.


Another thing I noticed was that the camera keeps locked when you exit the edit mode without unlocking it. The game will act as the player pov is always inside the camera you locked before, and the other visiboxes will not work, that is, untill you return to the edit mode and unlock the camera.


I'm sorry if this was already reported. Couldn't find anything related.
User avatar
Huki
Developer
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 am
Discord: Huki#1668

Re: Visiboxes are not hiding things

Unread post by Huki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 am

Allan wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm
I noticed visiboxes are not able to hide particles (fireworks, water splash, skid smokes, etc.). I remember seeing this bug since the legacy Re-Volt, in some of the Museum levels I guess.
That was fixed in a recent release. Perhaps you're using an older build?
Allan wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Besides particles, sometimes they can't hide few objects during the edit mode, even if they have all their polygons inside some cube.

However, they work fine when you unlock and lock the camera.

That seems to occur only when shaders are turned on.

Another thing I noticed was that the camera keeps locked when you exit the edit mode without unlocking it. The game will act as the player pov is always inside the camera you locked before, and the other visiboxes will not work, that is, untill you return to the edit mode and unlock the camera.
The edit modes are not perfect (especially with shaders), but thanks for reporting these, I'll look into them eventually...
User avatar
Allan
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Visiboxes are not hiding things

Unread post by Allan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Huki wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 am
That was fixed in a recent release. Perhaps you're using an older build?
I went to check, and I'm using the current version (18.1126).
That's weird...
Huki wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 am
The edit modes are not perfect (especially with shaders), but thanks for reporting these, I'll look into them eventually...
Great! Thank you.
Fortunately I can avoid these. For now I'm turning shaders off to edit the track.
User avatar
Huki
Developer
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 am
Discord: Huki#1668

Re: Visiboxes are not hiding things

Unread post by Huki » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 am

Allan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 pm
Huki wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 am
That was fixed in a recent release. Perhaps you're using an older build?
I went to check, and I'm using the current version (18.1126).
That's weird...
No, I was mistaken. Particles produced by spark generators are now affected by visiboxes, but the explosions and other effects you mentioned are still not. So this is still an open issue.
User avatar
Allan
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Visiboxes are not hiding things

Unread post by Allan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Huki wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 am
No, I was mistaken. Particles produced by spark generators are now affected by visiboxes, but the explosions and other effects you mentioned are still not. So this is still an open issue.
Oh, ok then.
Allan wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Besides particles, sometimes they can't hide few objects during the edit mode, even if they have all their polygons inside some cube. However, they work fine when you unlock and lock the camera. That seems to occur only when shaders are turned on.
Just adding to these: I realized this also happens whit shaders turned off, but it only happens with objects in this case (not with the world and instances).
Post Reply