How do I make car meshes (and textures?)

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
idkwhattotype

How do I make car meshes (and textures?)

Unread post by idkwhattotype » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 pm

I wanna make RV cars like the original cars. I wanna recreate the RC cars I have in real life. How do I do this? How do I get a "low poly Re-Volt style?" I also wanna know how to make textures. How would I go into making the logos of my car? The car I want to recreate is the discontinued Axial Yeti SCORE trophy truck.
idkwhattotype

Re: How do I make car meshes (and textures?)

Unread post by idkwhattotype » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Oops, forgot to say I want to use Blender for this too.
idkwhattotype

Unread post by idkwhattotype » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:14 pm

Made a Losi Mini-T 2.0 with all the knowledge that I had.

Now can somebody tell me how can I texture this?
idkwhattotype

Unread post by idkwhattotype » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Also I'm gonna need help on mapping.
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Nice model there, In Blender you are probably going to want to add an extra window to your workspace. You can do this by clicking and dragging either the upper right hand corner or the lower left hand corner of an existing window. Then you'll want to switch the extra window to a UV editing window, this should be found in the first menu on the bottom left of a window (most windows automatically open to 3d View) You'll want it to be UV/Image Editor. Once you have this done switch your 3d View window to edit mode and hit "A" to select all and the UV/Image Editor window should show how the model is currently mapped. I could explain a lot more but then I'd be writing a whole book here. There are plenty of good tutorials on youtube and even here on the re-volt.io main site. You may also consider joining the Re-Volt Discord server there are plenty of talented people there that can help you out.