Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip (updated this time)
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
Low latency mode: There is a new option in rvgl.ini to help reduce input lag that can occur especially with vsync on. To enable, set 'LimitLatency = 1' under the [Video] section. Note, however, that enabling this option can have a slight negative impact on performance. If your device supports OpenGL 3.2 or higher, you can set 'LimitLatency = 2' to use Fence Sync Objects for latency control. Depending on your device, this can perform better or worse. Also keep in mind that running in windowed mode could induce additional latency because of desktop compositing.
DC Pack Update: The Dreamcast content pack has received an update to fix a reported issue with car wheels: Groovster and LA 54 wheel meshes have been restored from the original Dreamcast CD. These are purely visual fixes and do not trigger cheat detection.
Editor - Overlapping Selection: Both Legacy and Modern Editors have got a new selection behavior to allow selecting overlapping objects. Select an object and use Left Shift + Selection (Enter in legacy or Mouse Click in modern) to cycle through objects beneath the current selected object. This works for Zones, Fields, Visiboxes, Instances and Objects.
- A bug that caused Field (*.fld) and Camera Node (*.cam) files to be loaded incorrectly was fixed. In the previous version, this made force fields more powerful for some users. (#1197)
- In Battle Tag mode, the speed of the 'it' car is no longer tied to the player's difficulty setting. (#1207)
- Fixed broken link toggling and several functions not working in the Cam Node editor.
- Fixed spherical fields not having an initial radius set, making it impossible to manipulate it.
- Fixed potential crash when deleting an Instance.
- In Visibox editor, the hovered box or side is highlighted as with other editors.
- ID text is no longer obscured by the enclosing boxes in shader mode.
- Loading has received optimizations and stability fixes. Threaded OpenGL is now disabled by default in new installations for best out-of-the-box compatibility. Loading in single-threaded OpenGL mode has been optimized using Fence Sync Objects when available. Threaded OpenGL can still be faster in some cases. To re-enable it, set 'Threaded = 1' in rvgl.ini.
- The command line '-nofullscreen' has been removed and in its place, '-nores' is added. Use it to disable display mode change and preserve the desktop resolution in fullscreen. On Windows, this can help the game start faster without screen flickering.
- Shaders: The lights and effects shader layout was restored for better compatibility with broken Intel drivers that crashed during shader compilation.