RVZ Submission Error

Ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic here.
qux

RVZ Submission Error

Unread post by qux » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi everybody!

I've submitted a car to RVZ yesterday, and I got an "TIMEOUT" error after a while. Does anybody know what I can do to solve this issue?

qux
Skarma

Re: RVZ Submission Error

Unread post by Skarma » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Your car is there. If this happens in future, it's safe to assume it's gone through. RVZ was never properly finished so many are unaware that this is the case.

Seeing as I can get through to you now, are the engineratios on the wheels intentional?
qux

Unread post by qux » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Thank you Skarma for the info. Regarding the engineratio: I did it on purpose to give the car more power on the backwheels. But now as I think more about it this is unrealistic. Would you suggest to use the same engineratio on front and back? I am a parameters-noobie. Every comment would help me to learn and is highly appreciated.

qux
Skarma

Unread post by Skarma » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:57 pm

I was referring to the fact that both the front and back wheels each have inconsistent engineratios between them. You have 22,000 on the front left, 12,000 on the front right and it's reversed on the rear wheels. This gives the car the undesired quality of pulling slightly to the left when launching. Despite it's somewhat good handling, I also think the top speed is too low if it's intended to be in the Advanced class.

I can help you with parameters in future, feel free to DM me here or Discord.
qux

Unread post by qux » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:54 pm

My plan was to have 22.000 on the rearwheels and 12.000 on the frontwheels. I thought the first 2 entries are the frontwheels. Oops. Funny that this error haven't caused a completly strange handling? I've tested the car at several singleplayer races, and I recognised nothing. :D

At my tests the speed and acceleration looked OK at races against Advanced AI cars. Are there any things I have to take care of when doing the balancing? At Singleplayerraces I was constantly able to reach positions on the podium.

I will correct the engineratio values. Should I upload the car again or send it to you directly, Skarma?

Also thank you for the offer. I plan to release more cars soon and I maybe will contact you if I have questions again.

qux
URV
Site Admin
Discord: URV#9830

Unread post by URV » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

You can update the car yourself. Go to your car's page and hit this button:

qux

Unread post by qux » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi URV,
thank you, but the problem is I can't find my car. Or is there a management overview somewhere, where I have a list of my uploaded cars and can manage them? Found nothing like that.

I also tried to upload my car again with adjusted parameters.txt, but it says "Unique foldername already taken".

qux
URV
Site Admin
Discord: URV#9830

Unread post by URV » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:10 pm

My bad, I assumed your car was already approved. Based on what I remember, I believe Skarma will deny your car so you can upload it again with the fixed parameters. The reason why you can't upload it again yet is because the car hasn't been denied yet, therefore the folder name is indeed reserved.

To answer your other question, you can, in theory, see your creations by clicking "User Creations" in your profile. Unfortunately, it basically just searches for any custom content with "qux" in the name, regardless of whether that's the author's or the car/track name, so you'll often have others' cars mixed in with your cars. Even so, you should be able to find it there once it's approved (as well as on the New Cars section on the right sidebar).
qux

Unread post by qux » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 am

@Skarma, can you please reject my initial upload so I can upload the corrected version of my car?

qux
qux

Unread post by qux » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:04 am

I finished my car 6 days ago but the public still can't download it. Also can't write Skarma a PM, the message does not go through.

qux
Skarma

Unread post by Skarma » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:50 pm

Your car was rejected several days ago so you could upload your corrected version. You should've received an e-mail telling you this.
qux

Unread post by qux » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:17 am

Thank you Skarma upload worked now.
Car is available on RVZ now. It‘s called Mud Shark.

qux