Get the latest RVGL build from the links below:
rvgl_21.0930a-1 [ win32 | win64 | linux | macos | android | dcpack | changelog ]
Full game releases are available at Re-Volt I/O.
New renderer based on programmable shaders: RVGL - Shader Edition
Android version: RVGL on Android
[hide=Installation steps for Windows]
- Download the win32 or win64 installer setup, depending on your system.
- Run it and follow the on-screen instructions. The setup will automatically set required folder permissions, update registry keys and create a Desktop shortcut.
- You can now launch the RVGL shortcut on your Desktop, or run rvgl.exe from your game folder.
- It is possible to manually extract files from the executable without running it (you might have to install 7-zip first). This is intended for advanced users only.
[hide=Installation steps for GNU/Linux]
- Download the Linux 7-zip archive and extract it to your Re-Volt folder.
- Run the setup script from your game folder (you might have to set execute permissions in order to do this). The setup script will automatically rename data files to lower-case, set the necessary file and executable permissions, and create an RVGL application launcher.
- Install dependencies required by RVGL, if necessary. See the documentation for detailed steps.
- You'll now be able to launch RVGL from the applications menu or using the rvgl script in your game folder. Depending on your system, this will start either the 32-bit or 64-bit RVGL.
- Note that when you install additional custom content like tracks or cars, you may have to run the included fix_cases script in order to fix file names.
[hide=Installation steps for macOS]
See the documentation.
[hide=Installation steps for Android]
See the dedicated thread: RVGL on Android
- Multiplayer & lobby support [done]
- Texture formats (png / jpg) [done]
- 64-bit native compile [done]
- Unicode (utf-8) support [ongoing]
- Shader based OpenGL implementation [ongoing]
- Mobile / handheld versions [ongoing]
- Providing easy to use Linux package / Windows installer [done]
- Documentation / Tutorials / etc. to encourage more custom content
- Integrating DC and demo content [done]