[Closed] Missing files in log [Windows 10 Pro 64bit]

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
7wells

[Closed] Missing files in log [Windows 10 Pro 64bit]

Unread post by 7wells » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Hello,

Following the recommendations kindly provided there, I see in the log that several levels/*.inf files and cars/parameters.txt files are missing, e.g.

Code: Select all

Loading: levels/nhood1/reversed/nhood1.inf: Not Found
Loading: cars/bigvolt/parameters.txt: Not Found
I unzipped game_files.zip under C:\Programs\RVGL\
On top, I extracted everything from rvgl_20.0905a_win64.7z also under C:\Programs\RVGL\, overwriting everything when asked.

Was that maybe a misunderstanding from my side? Do you have some other hints for the missing files? Thank you!
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: Missing files in log [Windows 10 Pro 64bit]

Unread post by VaidX47 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:27 pm

It's normal.

The log shows all the files the game tries to read, if it's not found, it will just skip over. RVGL in certain situations loads files in fallback principle: found this file in the custom or reversed folder - will use it; didn't find the file, will use the original instead.
Of course, the core files are mandatory to run the game, but then in that case, the game would give you an error dialog that the required file is missing.

Track custom folder, additional files in reversed and texture mipmaps (bmq, bmo, bmr, bmn....) are probably most common optional files the game looks for, but they are not necessary for the game/track to work.

To explain your log:
.inf files in reversed would be used to load the track with specific alterations for reversed mode. The game will simply use the same file from one folder up to load the specified track in reversed instead.
Missing BigVolt file means you don't have RVGL DC pack installed. They are partly the core of required game data for RVGL, but is coded in such a way, so it would be optional, hence the game doesn't bring as an actual error.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
7wells

Re: Missing files in log [Windows 10 Pro 64bit]

Unread post by 7wells » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Also here ta ever so much for your speedy, kind and helpful replies! :thumbsup: This is a lovely community - thanks to all of you. :)