RVGL don't load near textures in my own track while playing

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
BigD

RVGL don't load near textures in my own track while playing

Unread post by BigD » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Hey guys,

The last days I've tried to create my own track based on the tutorial linked on this site. I've imported several modules of other tracks into my own world file, so I did'nt have that much work to do. In Blender the world (.w File) and the collision (.ncp File) Files seem to be correct. I've assigned all the textures to my faces correctly so in blender it all looks good. But if i try to Play this track there are some textures in some Areas inside the map which are just appearing if I drive into this area. All the other textures are loading very well inside the game... So my first Suggestion was that there is a Problem with the textures, but they are all assigned well. Next I edited the farclip Parameter in the Setup_information file, so my textures should be loaded even if i'm far away…
I am really helpless at this Topic and hoping for some good hints.

Enjoy the Weekend

Greetings from BigD
javildesign

Re: RVGL don't load near textures in my own track while playing

Unread post by javildesign » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

I think the problem lies with Revolt's texture system.
You say that in Blender all the textures are assign well, but you can assign any texture well in Blender and see direct result in the viewport. What you need to check if the object faces has the correct texture assigned for Revolt to read.

This is how it must be:
  • yourTracka.bmp
    yourTrackb.bmp
    yourTrackc.bmp
Also make sure that they have the *.bmp extension.
You can use *.png or *.jpg or others (check documentation), but you need to rename it back to *.bmp.

So check your Blender project and double check the assigned textures of the empty faces.
BigD

Unread post by BigD » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:19 am

thanks for your quick reply.
I took the texture Bitmaps from another Revolttrack, so the file Format and texture size should also be fine. The strange Thing is, that there are some textures which appear and some which doesn't appear.

I guess my description of the Problem was a bit obscure. I just created a Video of my Problem for better understanding.
I would prefer it, if I could see the whole world file while playing this track. (And not some sky textures cause the other textures won't load)

https://youtu.be/9Ce0bwrh5Sw
javildesign

Unread post by javildesign » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 am

Possible problem can be the face direction. Hard to investigate without the files.
Another problem could be a mixed up visibox (*.vis). So, if you have discord, send me the files, I'll check.