RV Car Database

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
Skarma

RV Car Database

Unread post by Skarma » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Click here to view the database. Last Update: 17/07/2020 - 22:55 UTC - Recent changes: Added new recent times, added new custom cars, updated IO section, added a new section for IO Bonus pack.
The RV Car Database aims to keep an accurate track record of cars' statistics & lap times, the ultimate goal being to properly define the boundaries of each class and establish an (arbitrary) tier list. It is also to be a quick reference and (hopefully) eliminate hearsay about certain cars.

If you spot anything incorrect, missing or if there's anything you'd like to see added, please let me know. Comments and suggestions are also considered and appreciated.

Remember that this is heavily a work in progress, there's still a lot to do and things to work on so please bare with me whilst I continue to iron these things out, I really just wanted to finally get this public. Thanks.

What is this?
► Show Spoiler
How can you contribute to this?
► Show Spoiler
Future plans/todo list
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Skarma on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
kiwi

Re: RV Car Database

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Ahhhh finally. I waited pretty long for getting this public. Maybe some people can remember, I did something similar some years ago, to get some sort of car ranking or car ratings. It's good to see a much more complete approach is out now.

I for sure will contribute quite a lot on this in the next time, and share my times. For the first for the DC cars, as explained.
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Nice to see that.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Here are my SNW35 times: https://imgur.com/a/rAKeQ0t
Muse2 and Garden are not included, cause I was not able to beat the currently best times.

Maybe some of the other times in the list (from other cars) can be used, I didn't checked.

I will continue with Groovster.
Skarma

Unread post by Skarma » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:24 am

Thanks for the times, Kiwi. I managed to improve on a lot of them myself, I've now added these times to the database.

I'm going to use the original post future for posting changes and dates for latest updates.
pintassilgo

Unread post by pintassilgo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 am

Nice. For overall comparison between cars, I think that percentage relative to the best time is better than simply adding up all the times, to avoid longer tracks having more weight.

But the difference is almost insignificant, the only change with current data would be Rotor better than RC San. Current data shows Rotor = 548.496 seconds and RC San = 548.171. But Rotor has average of 118.5% relative to the best time on each track, against RC San's 119.0% .
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:52 am

For my old car database, I also had implemented a weight system, to get a final ranking for each car. For example, top speed had a defined weight, acceleration had a weight, best time trials had a weight, the mass of the car had a weight, and so on. In the end I calculated all this and ranked the cars and put them in classes. If only the time trial times will be considered, the Pros and Cons of a car in races against other players would not have an effect on the end ranking.

I don't know your exact plans on this Skarma, do you already have ideas for how you will do this?