[RVGL] Camera issues since 19.0819 update

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
kiwi

Re: [RVGL] Camera issues since 19.0819 update

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:34 pm

The camera issues are back since version 19.1230a. To be more detailed, this point from my main post happens again:

When you drive right beside a wall, the camera moves to a slightly different position, which was not the case before. An example are the tight areas between the houses at the Ghost Town tracks.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:26 am

Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:34 pm The camera issues are back since version 19.1230a. To be more detailed, this point from my main post happens again:

When you drive right beside a wall, the camera moves to a slightly different position, which was not the case before. An example are the tight areas between the houses at the Ghost Town tracks.
Did the problem exist in the 19.1008a test build? The changes were finalized in that build and I haven't changed anything since then.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 am

I can't remember that this "problem" occured in the 19.1008a test build, otherwise I would have mentioned it.

In the new release (19.1230a) changelog I saw this section:

- Updated camera collision behavior: Scale the collision shifting based on
the car speed such that the necessary scaling is only applied while racing,
without introducing stuttering when the car is still.

Can this have anything to do with the return of the "problem"?

I did some test runs, and I have the feeling the "problem" only appears when driving with very high speed beside a wall.

But: Yes, there is a difference to earlier, but nothing too major. From my side it's also OK as it is now. Otherwise more people would also have complained, which is not the case.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Kiwi wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 am In the new release (19.1230a) changelog I saw this section:

- Updated camera collision behavior: Scale the collision shifting based on
the car speed such that the necessary scaling is only applied while racing,
without introducing stuttering when the car is still.

Can this have anything to do with the return of the "problem"?
This changelog entry simply describes what was fixed in 19.1008a test build, there was no new change afterwards. To be honest, I think it's best to leave it the way it is now, unless there is a major issue. But if you feel like doing it, you can try to record your current issue (with 19.1230a), and maybe also 19.1008a behavior for comparison.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:35 pm

No, I won't invest any more time in this. It's fine as it is now, that's also why I wrote "problem" in exclamation marks.