[RVGL] Replays not using ALT parameters.txt for same car files

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
HEAV

[RVGL] Replays not using ALT parameters.txt for same car files

Unread post by HEAV » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:20 am

Salutes Image :re-volt: This must be an unique situation so I have no idea if it will eventually be solved, BUT

I've made a copy of the special cars: Panga, Trolley, Clockwork Wun Too Tree, Probe UFO, Mystery and Rotor.
Reason is to add a nice carbox and make them CPU Selectables besides of tweaking perfomances

The file structure in their folders is as follows:
► Show Spoiler
Frankly, It's inefficient to copy the same files over so I'm using the same paths.

OK so here the issue
- When I play on a track I use the wincar3x parameters that loads the wincar3 files
- I then save the replay
- I load that replay
- THE REPLAY loads wincar3 but with the WINCAR3 PARAMETERS.TXT, not wincar3x so adjustments like clockwork sounds and perfomances are lost and the result is the car dithering because it is going faster than what the original actually is :hausderp: a'ight

see by yourself :!:
Download link> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aovu4LYP3ruOhcEZxxU ... w?e=TsvYHm
EDIT: Now fully working! :D thx Huki!

Also the extra skins I have to copy them again :|
Off Topic
I'mmmm pretty sure I am just losing time with this but hey you got like three clockworks in the AI and to play with. Wun is Rookie, Too is Amateur, Tree stays Pro like the Clockwork Carnage cousins!
Have fun with that perhaps. :D trolley the only one not CPU Selectable.. because reasons :P a cool challenge i love how apparently supermarket 2 is the only cakewalk on it :lol: lulz.
Last edited by HEAV on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 I wanna be a clockwork too!
Huki
Developer

Re: [RVGL] Replays not using ALT parameters.txt for same car files

Unread post by Huki » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Cars are identified by their display name rather than their folder name. This means you need to give each car a unique name to prevent such conflicts.

Having cars identified by their folder name, just like tracks, is a planned improvement in RVGL, but there are reasons why it can't be done already. Until then, this limitation needs to be kept in mind.
HEAV

Unread post by HEAV » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Got it! I see.
To my luck I can directly change the names in the replay files :rvpizza: , I added a space after the names, look no one will notice! :lol:
And everything works now!! Thx lots! Thank this game so flexible to get an intrepid like me out of doom!

Updated link, Have fun!> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aovu4LYP3ruOhcEZxxU ... w?e=TsvYHm
 I wanna be a clockwork too!
Black-Revolt001

Unread post by Black-Revolt001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:49 am

HEAV wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:20 am Salutes Image :re-volt: This must be an unique situation so I have no idea if it will eventually be solved, BUT

I've made a copy of the special cars: Panga, Trolley, Clockwork Wun Too Tree, Probe UFO, Mystery and Rotor.
Reason is to add a nice carbox and make them CPU Selectables besides of tweaking perfomances

The file structure in their folders is as follows:
► Show Spoiler
Frankly, It's inefficient to copy the same files over so I'm using the same paths.

OK so here the issue
- When I play on a track I use the wincar3x parameters that loads the wincar3 files
- I then save the replay
- I load that replay
- THE REPLAY loads wincar3 but with the WINCAR3 PARAMETERS.TXT, not wincar3x so adjustments like clockwork sounds and perfomances are lost and the result is the car dithering because it is going faster than what the original actually is :hausderp: a'ight

see by yourself :!:
Download link> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aovu4LYP3ruOhcEZxxU ... w?e=TsvYHm
EDIT: Now fully working! :D thx Huki!

Also the extra skins I have to copy them again :|
Off Topic
I'mmmm pretty sure I am just losing time with this but hey you got like three clockworks in the AI and to play with. Wun is Rookie, Too is Amateur, Tree stays Pro like the Clockwork Carnage cousins!
Have fun with that perhaps. :D trolley the only one not CPU Selectable.. because reasons :P a cool challenge i love how apparently supermarket 2 is the only cakewalk on it :lol: lulz.
I've done it for a very long time