[SOLVED] [RVGL 19.0907a] Strobe Lights on Toy World 1

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Delecto

[SOLVED] [RVGL 19.0907a] Strobe Lights on Toy World 1

Unread post by Delecto » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:01 pm

So I did play Toy World 1 Reverse (Platinum Cup) when I suddenly had an intense blue strobe light effect on my screen until about the end of the corresponding lap. It looked similar to the Star pulse item's effect but neither was the stationary one on the map used nor was a star pulse used at all. I'll link to a video with the timestamp so you can look at what I mean.

SEIZURE WARNING!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/484635251?t=01h20m34s
Gotolei

Re: [RVGL 19.0907a] Strobe Lights on Toy World 1

Unread post by Gotolei » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:33 pm

I've had this happen a couple of times over the years as well. Seems streamable ate one of the clips I had, but video of the end of another instance. I think it's come up on the discord a few times as well, but both times I've had it happen it:
- was offline, single-player
- both on TW1 (once on normal course, once on reverse)
- effect lasted somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds
- effect paused when game was paused
- occurred right near the end of the race (looking at that clip, probably less correlation)

Just as a curiosity, do you have a replay? And for anyone else who does run into this, under what circumstances did it happen (track, gamemode etc)?

Re: [RVGL 19.0907a] Strobe Lights on Toy World 1

Unread post by 607 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:38 am

This has been solved! I was going to post some screenshots from Discord but I'm not sure how it would best be done, and I was going to be doing something more useful anyway.