[SOLVED] [Blender Addon] Update texture animation

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
ciccio

Blender [SOLVED] [Blender Addon] Update texture animation

Unread post by ciccio » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:28 pm

As of now, I cannot use any texture sheet above number 9. The automatic animate button doesn't work for Grid Animation because it asks for a start frame and an end frame, but the dialog box that pops up only allows you to change the end frame. Last thing is that blender supports texture wrapping and so does rvgl, but the texture animation only allows for registers the uv map within the boundaries of the texture sheet (so any point placed beyond the boundaries are automatically placed back within the boundaries). The last issue is I believe a major holdback for making certain parts of the track look like they are scrolling at higher framerates (or maybe I'm just dumb and cannot manage to create one in a reasonable time).
Alex

Re: [Blender Addon] Update texture animation

Unread post by Alex » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 am

for the scroll speed related one you could try tiling your texture file so you have more space to scroll through. that does come with bigger filesizes though
Huki
Developer

Re: [Blender Addon] Update texture animation

Unread post by Huki » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:52 pm

I added some fixes in the dev branch. Can you try it and report back whether it's working? It should support:
- Texture IDs 0-63
- UV coordinates outside (0,1) boundaries
- Total number of texanim slots no longer limited to 10
ciccio wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:28 pm The automatic animate button doesn't work for Grid Animation because it asks for a start frame and an end frame, but the dialog box that pops up only allows you to change the end frame.
I can't reproduce this. Grid Animation requires a start frame (only) and the dialog box shows just that. It's Transform Animation that has both a start frame and end frame.