[Closed] Gamepads break the game

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
NaughtyAvocado

[Closed] Gamepads break the game

Unread post by NaughtyAvocado » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:24 pm

Gamepads seem to break the game on Android. I've configured both my DS4 and Xvox One controllers with the RVGL Controller Map app but when I select either one them from the in-game options menu the game seems to freeze (or fail to detect any inputs).

Thanks to the devs for their hard work!
Huki
Developer

Re: Gamepads break the game

Unread post by Huki » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:23 am

After running the RVGL Controller Map app, you have to manually copy the mapping before it can be used by the game. The mapping is saved in profiles/gamecontroller_log.txt as a line at the end of the file. Create a new file called gamecontrollerdb.txt inside the profiles folder and paste this line into it, then save it. You can confirm this is working by checking the game's log (profiles/re-volt_log.txt), or upload the log(s) here if you're unsure.

In the future, RVGL Controller Map should automatically add the mappings. It's one of many Android usability improvements planned.
NaughtyAvocado

Unread post by NaughtyAvocado » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:04 am

Thanks for getting back to me. I managed to get it working by copying the line of text for the mapping into my gamecontrollerdb file. That alone didn't work as I still had to remap the controller in-game. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by NaughtyAvocado on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 am

Can you post here the mapping you tried to copy? (or better yet, post the entire contents of the log)
NaughtyAvocado

Unread post by NaughtyAvocado » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 am

It's working. I had to remap the controller in-game after copying the line of text for the controller mapping.