Sub Folders / Categories for cars and tracks

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Flamingosaurus

Sub Folders / Categories for cars and tracks

Unread post by Flamingosaurus » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:26 pm

The number of individual tracks and cars on offer in RVGL is super impressive, but it also creates a small problem in the menu. Navigating to the track or car you want can take a really long time due to the sheer number of options. I think having sub-categories may help, sort of like having a few folders to choose from which all contain some options. Tracks and cars could be organized by their creation date, creator, or alphabetical order, or something else? Just something to better organize the menu and make navigation quicker. ;)
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Sub Folders / Categories for cars and tracks

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm

They're sorted alphabetically, except for stock and DC tracks and cars. You can also type the beginning of the name of a car/track you want in the selection menu, as well as find by part pf it's name with a star at the beginning, like " *abc "

Re: Sub Folders / Categories for cars and tracks

Unread post by 607 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Yes, searching is essential! Oh, what a time before that was possible... :roll: (or I knew about it, I guess)
Searching by creator would be useful for cars for me, but I don't think this is possible, as the creator's name is not included in the inf file, and readme layouts are very diverse. I even often come across tracks that don't include a readme file at all. And honestly, this problem applies to date as well. If there's a date in the readme, the game could use that, but it often isn't available.