Skittish controls?

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Dybdal

Skittish controls?

Unread post by Dybdal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 am

Does anyone know how to correct the issue with really skittish controls?
(spin outs on surfaces it should not, like the freezer in the mall, the saloon in the western level) this also seems to be an issue whenever a car gets airborn (even slightly) any course correction when you land (or slightly after) will cause the car to spin out.
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Skittish controls?

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:16 am

Practice to drive better, avoid slippery surfaces, don't hold turn buttons for too long but rather modulate the turning, dump volatile cars like Humma and use cars with stiffer handling, things like that. It's doable, there are people driving Humma on a daily basis so it's totally possible to do what someone else is already able to do.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm

If, nonetheless, you wish to tackle Humma, check out this video:

https://youtu.be/5pl5xQTmu0A

Even if you don't, some of these tips can be applied to many other cars. Tapping while steering was one of the most valuable lessons I learned when I first watched this.
Dybdal

Unread post by Dybdal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Figured it out'

Turned out to be an issue connected to V-Sync.
With V-Sync on, any car is uncontrolable in turns on my current setup.
*fx. it is impossible to take the 90 degree turn inside the saloon shortcut in "Ghost Town 1" with even the RC Bandit without the car skidding out (the back end sliding out, turning 90' degrees on a dime), even the slightest tab of any directional input would make it skid out.
With V-Sync turned off, the issue is gone.
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:50 am

I also seemed to notice input lag on one of my monitors with V-Sync turned on (possibly gone when it was turned off), not quite sure about it though. The other, which I play the most at is fine. I can't prove it and maybe it was just weird for me because of the size difference between them.
HAJDUC DOT COM