RVGL on Android

News and announcements about RVGL's development.
praun

Re: RVGL on Android

Unread post by praun » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi, this port is awesome!

I play it on my galaxy s7 just fine.

And I have it installed on my Sony android tv
One problem though:

I can't figure out how to configure my game controller... I want to remap the buttons for "accelerate" and "reverse" I can highlight them and they are blinking but I can't change them.

Am I missing something here or is it a bug?

Best regards
Peter
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

praun wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:25 pmI can't figure out how to configure my game controller... I want to remap the buttons for "accelerate" and "reverse" I can highlight them and they are blinking but I can't change them.
Were you able to select your controller from Controller Settings? Does the default mapping work?
praun

Unread post by praun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Huki wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm
praun wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:25 pmI can't figure out how to configure my game controller... I want to remap the buttons for "accelerate" and "reverse" I can highlight them and they are blinking but I can't change them.
Were you able to select your controller from Controller Settings? Does the default mapping work?
Yes I can select Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, from controller options, and the default settings works.

I would just like to remap accelerate and reverse, from "up", "down" to "R2" , "L2" because the default mapping is impossible to control.

I can't remap them, but I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just not doing it right...
Gustavitolol1

Unread post by Gustavitolol1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 pm

This version is good although users of iPhone and iPad do not have RVGL. I unfortunately have an iPhone and an iPad and not Android and my mom does not let me change to Android.

It seems that RVGL will never have an iOS version :oops:
Vyrium

Unread post by Vyrium » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am

ciccio wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:51 pm Customizable/draggable buttons: I'd love to see such a thing: pause button is too small, rear view is too far away from the arrows to be used when needed (also rear view is a meme in all rvgl versions).
I would also like to see this. The game runs great but not being able to move/resize the buttons the way I want to suit my screen etc. makes playing with the touchscreen uncomfortable for me.
Kacper11PL wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:35 pm Help! I have Black screen pls help! :pout:
I had this issue with my tablet though I fixed it by editing the rvgl.ini and disabling the shader renderer

Another issue I had also relates to using the PS4 controller where I cannot map the dpad for turning (analog stick still works) the controller does function and all the other controls can be remapped, just not to the dpad. The dpad does work on the input name menu to rotate the wheel so it definitely is being detected in-game there at least.

Also pressing the backspace on the on-screen keyboard when prompted to enter name for some reason loops the backspace so I can't input anything without it getting removed (Can still navigate through the menus) and regardless of if a controller is connected or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop it apart from restarting the game.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:37 am

praun wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:03 pm
Huki wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm
Yes I can select Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, from controller options, and the default settings works.

I would just like to remap accelerate and reverse, from "up", "down" to "R2" , "L2" because the default mapping is impossible to control.

I can't remap them, but I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just not doing it right...
Vyrium wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am Another issue I had also relates to using the PS4 controller where I cannot map the dpad for turning (analog stick still works) the controller does function and all the other controls can be remapped, just not to the dpad. The dpad does work on the input name menu to rotate the wheel so it definitely is being detected in-game there at least.
A similar issue has been posted here: Android PS4 Controller. I'm continuing the discussion in that thread.
Vyrium wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am I had this issue with my tablet though I fixed it by editing the rvgl.ini and disabling the shader renderer
Does updating to the latest build 18.0731a fix the shader renderer?
Vyrium wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 amAlso pressing the backspace on the on-screen keyboard when prompted to enter name for some reason loops the backspace so I can't input anything without it getting removed (Can still navigate through the menus) and regardless of if a controller is connected or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop it apart from restarting the game.
This has been reported a number of times. Unfortunately the cause is still unknown...
Vyrium

Unread post by Vyrium » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:49 am

Huki wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:37 am
Vyrium wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am I had this issue with my tablet though I fixed it by editing the rvgl.ini and disabling the shader renderer
Does updating to the latest build 18.0731a fix the shader renderer?
Sadly no, settings shaders to 1 causes the black screen again. Note this is when running the game on an amazon fire 7 (2017) [Specs]
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:31 am

Vyrium wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:49 am Sadly no, settings shaders to 1 causes the black screen again. Note this is when running the game on an amazon fire 7 (2017) [Specs]
The device has a Mali-450 as does the other user with the black screen. The same issue was reported from a Mali-400 user. Sadly, there were no errors at shader compilation (in the previous users' logs), so it's hard to guess what's going wrong.
I suggest you to try disabling some of the more complex effects and try again. In rvgl.ini, set:

Code: Select all

EnvFlag = 0
MirrorFlag = 0
LightFlag = 0
Does the shader renderer work now?
Vyrium

Unread post by Vyrium » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Huki wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:31 am
Vyrium wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:49 am Sadly no, settings shaders to 1 causes the black screen again. Note this is when running the game on an amazon fire 7 (2017) [Specs]
The device has a Mali-450 as does the other user with the black screen. The same issue was reported from a Mali-400 user. Sadly, there were no errors at shader compilation (in the previous users' logs), so it's hard to guess what's going wrong.
I suggest you to try disabling some of the more complex effects and try again. In rvgl.ini, set:

EnvFlag = 0
MirrorFlag = 0
LightFlag = 0
Does the shader renderer work now?
Nope still same issue with the shader for some reason, shaders = 1 black screen. flip it back to 0 and I can see the game
SonicBoomFan14

Unread post by SonicBoomFan14 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 am

Sorry that i haven't replyed to you in a while, the error messages do not appear but the game is still black in my screen, however, the rvgl.ini file doesn't appear i go in the files. The game works in older versions before the shaders were the selected option
Santiii727

Unread post by Santiii727 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:23 am

RIP music apps with all rvgl sounds
Gotolei

Unread post by Gotolei » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:38 am

Santiii727 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:23 am RIP music apps with all rvgl sounds
Try adding an empty file named .nomedia to rvgl's folder. That should tell music players, gallery apps etc to ignore it.
neon5916

Unread post by neon5916 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello. Tell me why arcade levels "Suburbs" and "The Wrecking Yard" don't work on my phone? At start only black screen, and then crash of the application. My device Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Version RVGL 18.1011a.
Kacper11PL

Unread post by Kacper11PL » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 pm

But i dont have rvgl.ini in rvgl folder...
Im from Poland
#######
#######
#######
#######
Figurez

Unread post by Figurez » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:37 pm

the game works perfectly it just that
dreamcast DLC doesn't work on android
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Kacper11PL wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 pm But i dont have rvgl.ini in rvgl folder...
it's in profiles, not the main RVGL folder.

Figurez wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:37 pm the game works perfectly it just that
dreamcast DLC doesn't work on android
It does, try installing rvgl_dcpack.zip again.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
Kacper11PL

Unread post by Kacper11PL » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 pm

VaidX47 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:49 pm
Kacper11PL wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 pm But i dont have rvgl.ini in rvgl folder...
it's in profiles, not the main RVGL folder.
But i dont have rvgl.ini in "profiles" folder
Im from Poland
#######
#######
#######
#######
Kacper11PL

Unread post by Kacper11PL » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:33 am

Huki wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm Locating the data path: The following locations are supported:

/sdcard/RVGL
/storage/sdcard0/RVGL
/storage/sdcard1/RVGL
/storage/emulated/legacy/RVGL
/storage/emulated/0/RVGL
/storage/emulated/1/RVGL
Note: If you have already run the app, it should have automatically generated an RVGL folder for you with updated assets. In this case, extract the full game data into this folder, taking care not to overwrite any of the existing files (i.e., say NO to replace).
i have RVGL files on sdcard1. Still generates files on sdcard0.
Im from Poland
#######
#######
#######
#######
Vapour

Unread post by Vapour » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 am

i tried on my Huawei MediaPad (Adreno 308) and it worked fine, althrough when i first started the game there were some weird graphical glitches (like textures flickering in weird colors) but when i turned off shaders and lighting it was back to normal.
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Vapour wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 am i tried on my Huawei MediaPad (Adreno 308) and it worked fine, althrough when i first started the game there were some weird graphical glitches (like textures flickering in weird colors) but when i turned off shaders and lighting it was back to normal.
Yes, it's one of the ways to solve graphical issues on the android build.
Before shaders, can always try disabling UBO first (EnableUBO in profiles\rvgl.ini).
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
MrBlitz

Having some issues

Unread post by MrBlitz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi all,

I've been trying to play on my moto g7 plus, using the latest build, and I've encountered some issues:

1- AI Cars keep resetting as soon as the race starts. They don't follow the race path so they become useless.

2- UI is frozen during the race. This imposes a problem because finishing the race is impossible (tested by single race 3 laps in TITH and Supermarket without being able to finish)

Any ideas of what may be happening?

Assests are from the w64 package.
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 am

AI reset and can't finish a lap ? it's look like you have corupted tracks files ... (I'm not an android user but it happen to me on windows)
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
MrBlitz

Unread post by MrBlitz » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:52 pm

SebR wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 am AI reset and can't finish a lap ? it's look like you have corupted tracks files ... (I'm not an android user but it happen to me on windows)
Tried with w64, w32, and the single gamefile packs. No dice
Huki
Developer

Re: Having some issues

Unread post by Huki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:02 am

MrBlitz wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm Hi all,

I've been trying to play on my moto g7 plus, using the latest build, and I've encountered some issues:

1- AI Cars keep resetting as soon as the race starts. They don't follow the race path so they become useless.

2- UI is frozen during the race. This imposes a problem because finishing the race is impossible (tested by single race 3 laps in TITH and Supermarket without being able to finish)

Any ideas of what may be happening?

Assests are from the w64 package.
You need the game_files package, optionally the dc_pack, and the APK itself. Extract the game_files to a path like "/storage/sdcard0/RVGL" and run the APK. Follow the docs in case you're stuck.

Kacper11PL wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:33 am
Huki wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm Locating the data path: The following locations are supported:

/sdcard/RVGL
/storage/sdcard0/RVGL
/storage/sdcard1/RVGL
/storage/emulated/legacy/RVGL
/storage/emulated/0/RVGL
/storage/emulated/1/RVGL
Note: If you have already run the app, it should have automatically generated an RVGL folder for you with updated assets. In this case, extract the full game data into this folder, taking care not to overwrite any of the existing files (i.e., say NO to replace).
i have RVGL files on sdcard1. Still generates files on sdcard0.
Support for external SD cards is currently very limited: the sdcard1 is only used as a fallback, i.e., when previous paths in the list do not exist.
MrBlitz

Re: Having some issues

Unread post by MrBlitz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:56 pm

Huki wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:02 am Note: If you have already run the app, it should have automatically generated an RVGL folder for you with updated assets. In this case, extract the full game data into this folder, taking care not to overwrite any of the existing files (i.e., say NO to replace).
Welp, it seems that that did the trick. Even though I wasn't prompted to replace anything, making a full clean copy of the files seemed to do the trick

Thanks for your time!