Skip cup ceremony?

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Renim

Re-Volt Skip cup ceremony?

Unread post by Renim » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:13 am

With the speedrun we currently have to alt-F4 to skip the ceremonies at the end of the cups, would it be possible to just add a button press to skip it instead so that way you don't have to reload the game each time you beat a cup?
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Skip cup ceremony?

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Alt + f4? Lol. This suggestion makes no sense also in terms of speedrunning, as now every speedrunner has to wait the same amount of time after winning a cup.
Renim

Unread post by Renim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:43 pm

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:25 pm Alt + f4? Lol. This suggestion makes no sense also in terms of speedrunning, as now every speedrunner has to wait the same amount of time after winning a cup.
This is not true, if you alt + F4 at the ceremony at the end of the cup and reload the game, you can skip the ceremony because the game saves as soon as you leave the final race of the cup
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Wed May 01, 2019 3:57 am

I know the game saves the progress if you alt+f4 the game, but the time gain would be either nonexistent or 2 seconds at most which makes this feature near to useless, but whatever it could be added just like skipping the intro when opening the game

Unread post by 607 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:14 pm

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:57 am I know the game saves the progress if you alt+f4 the game, but the time gain would be either nonexistent or 2 seconds at most which makes this feature near to useless, but whatever it could be added just like skipping the intro when opening the game
I'm pretty sure people do use it, so it must be faster, if you're on a fast computer. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense, and the suggestion indeed wouldn't really either.
Renim

Unread post by Renim » Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 pm

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:57 am I know the game saves the progress if you alt+f4 the game, but the time gain would be either nonexistent or 2 seconds at most which makes this feature near to useless, but whatever it could be added just like skipping the intro when opening the game
it saves anywhere between 5~7 seconds per cup, so anywhere between 15~21 seconds for free if your pc is fast enough, which is why i made the suggestion for you to just be able to skip it within the game so people with faster pc's dont have an advantage
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 am

OK then, there's no harm to it so it could be added