Result screen for spectators and in replay

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
ZipperZbieracz

Result screen for spectators and in replay

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 am

I have 3 suggestions regarding results screen after a finished race:

1. I suggest to add a result screen for spectating players that spectate a multiplayer race, so they can see the same results for players, times and positions and all that stuff that players who finished a race can see.

2. I suggest that in a replay file the replay would also save and show a result screen for the viewer of the replay after the viewed car finishes after the finish line, if possible. Replay file could also be bigger because it's quite laggy and not accurate, but that's another story.

3. In relation with these suggestion I have a third suggestion, which is to add a key binding so that it would be possible to switch the result screen ON and OFF, for both the player that finished a race and the spectator of a multiplayer race and the replay viewer, so that it would be possible to look at the result screen, but if needed switch it off and continue spectating other players driving, and then switching it on back again. Kinda like it works with TAB button for multiplayer game lobby, which shows up and hides the lobby after each TAB press with a small animation.
kiwi

Re: Result screen for spectators and in replay

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 am

Especially point 1 (and in combination point 3) would be very useful, especially for hosts. I'm often hosting but spectating the races. But it's pretty hard to get a good overview over the race - for example if all players already finished.

A workaround for point 3 would be to deactivate the HUD (by using Ctrl + F5), but then the current position or lap are also not visible.