[Done] Change car mid-race and random car suggestion

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Gorgonzola

[Done] Change car mid-race and random car suggestion

Unread post by Gorgonzola » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 pm

I was thinking about some option in pause menu where you can change your car, and it changes by the next race or the next time the host restarts the race.

And also i was thinking about changing the way the cpu chooses the cars when Random Cars is on: the cpu chooses the same car as the player, but instead it could choose any other car that is in the same class. For instance: when the randomizer chooses phat slug, every car in race is phat slug, but instead they could be dust mite, col moss, etc.
Vogelrok

Re: Change car mid-race and random car suggestion

Unread post by Vogelrok » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Changing car after each online race would be great. Going back and rejoining takes so much time....
Kipy

Unread post by Kipy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 am

My opinion is that changeable lap number during the races would be better. With this if you pick a longer track, you can decrease lap count, and with shorter track the opposite could happen.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:21 pm

In my opinion, it‘s good the way it is now. If it would be to easy to change the car during a session, everybody would change the cars all the time. Or let’s say it this way: Not everbody would do it, but exactly the persons who change the cars already now to often, will do it even more often in the future. I like the idea, that the car chosen in the beginning, will kept till the end of a session. And if it‘s really a not driveable car, the person can leave the lobby and join again.

Regarding laps I don‘t care, but I guess this can cause some confusion as well, because you would have to communicate the change everytime you change the amount of laps.
Kipy

Unread post by Kipy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 pm

As a host you should have a 'plan' regarding to the races which ones you'll race with others. So if you can see that there is a track with less than 300m lenght, you can switch to 6-8 laps, but when the next track has 500m+ lenght, then you can switch it back to 3-4 laps.
Gorgonzola

Unread post by Gorgonzola » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:57 pm

I dont see how players who change car every race would be a problem Kiwi, since the changes will make effect when the next race starts. So they will either keep racing with their current car until the end of the race or move to spectator mode.

Unread post by 607 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Um, the purpose of Random Cars is to give everyone the same car, without having 30 of them and them being coloured differently.
I used to be in favour of the changing car during a session idea, but I agree with Kiwi now.
I think being able to change the number of laps mid-session is an important addition.
Instant

Unread post by Instant » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:21 pm In my opinion, it‘s good the way it is now. If it would be to easy to change the car during a session, everybody would change the cars all the time. Or let’s say it this way: Not everbody would do it, but exactly the persons who change the cars already now to often, will do it even more often in the future. I like the idea, that the car chosen in the beginning, will kept till the end of a session. And if it‘s really a not driveable car, the person can leave the lobby and join again.

Regarding laps I don‘t care, but I guess this can cause some confusion as well, because you would have to communicate the change everytime you change the amount of laps.
It's still one of the most required features. And it's definitely not good the way it is now. And changing cars is more important than changing the number of laps. You are forgetting that hosts can't just re-join to pick another car.
the persons who change the cars already now to often, will do it even more often in the future.
They do it anyway.
I like the idea, that the car chosen in the beginning, will kept till the end of a session.
That's not how it is right now. People often change their cars.
Um, the purpose of Random Cars is to give everyone the same car.
Who said people would have this option with random cars on?

How about this: The host could decide whether they want the racers to be able to change their cars during the session or not. Perhaps with an in-game option or a command.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm

+1. There is a lot of demand for the ability to change cars without restarting, especially in I/O sessions (where the lobbies fill up quickly), and I figured it could use a bump.
Instant

Unread post by Instant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

+1 Please do.