Muting players

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
kiwi

Muting players

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am

For hosts it would be nice to have the possibility, to mute certain players, so no chat messages from them will be displayed anymore. (For example by using CTRL + M). This could be used for players who keep chatting while others in the middle of a race, or for players who do not stop bashing others with bad words. This could be used instead of kicking them, so they can still race, but not distract or interfer others anymore.

In last time, really lot of toxic things happens during races, and I already thought about possibilities how this can be avoided. Asking the players to stop, or warning the players does not help sometimes, and kicking them is a too hard step in my opinion and leads to an even more toxic athmosphere.
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Muting players

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 am

I agree, players must know who the boss is
Dolo®

Unread post by Dolo® » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am

It just have to change the position of the chat during the game, strange that after all these years it is still displayed in the middle of the screen ...
Neither should the game become like the discord server...
i/o is seriously starting to annoy everyone with their rules and their school mentality ...
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:02 am

You are right, changing the position of the chat, or add a functionality to hide the chat via a Hotkey - like suggested here), would make this suggestion obsolete.