[Done] Make rear camera view draw instantly

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
ciccio

[Done] Make rear camera view draw instantly

Unread post by ciccio » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Right now, if you press the rear camera button, the camera takes something like half a second to get in position, while when you release the button the camera snaps back in position almost istantly. Now, I use the rear camera a lot and repeatedly during a race to see what's happening behind me, but most of the time I actually need to use the rear view I can only use it for less than half a second and I end up not being able to see what's behind because the camera is still moving. It would be much pratical to have the camera to snap istantly like when you release the rear camera button.
Kipy

Re: Make rear camera view draw instantly

Unread post by Kipy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm

You can add custom camera as well with parameters.
ciccio

Unread post by ciccio » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

That's not what I meant.
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm

I think it's an issue that should be addressed. I'll look into it when I get to it.
ciccio

Unread post by ciccio » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Please don't forget this. The ideal rear camera should use the front camera mode and should snap in place instantly: so if I'm using the far chase normal view I want a far chase rear camera as well, same with the other normal camera view, just like in other racing games like Gran Turismo 1 and Gran Turismo 2.
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Console versions also work like this, rearview always had the transition animation. It takes around two seconds to finish it. (RVGL reduced it to one second)
► DC rearview before transition
► DC rearview after transition
Instead of disabling the transition, I would just prefer having new chase view for look back (similarly to F2 mirror, but not as zoomed in to the car and better height) when chase camera is set as default, and keep the old rearview (with transition) when hood/first person is default.

However with a much better view angle of a *new* view, it would give a great advantage in certain pickup races and most battle tags, so unsure about it's implementation.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
ciccio

Unread post by ciccio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:40 pm

That's what I wanted to say
ciccio

Unread post by ciccio » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Little bump?
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:04 pm

If something about the rear camera would be changed (I use it often and without any problems) the camera type should be as it is now or settable in options.