Support for Virtual Reality in Re-Volt

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
RC_BANDIT

Re-Volt Support for Virtual Reality in Re-Volt

Unread post by RC_BANDIT » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Hello guys,
Before I start I just want to say sorry for my terrible english (still learning). Anyways I wanted to suggest there be a VR mode for this game. The reason I am suggesting there be a VR mode for this game is because I believe it would be cool idea to experience this game in Virtual Reality. I know this might sound crazy ,but I believe that this game could really benefit from VR which in my opinion can make this game much more amazing than it already is. I own an Oculus Go which is a Android VR based device. These device allows you to sideload regular android games to this device (Unofficially)
I have tried many games on this device which have made this device a blast. After experiencing games like GunJack, Smash hit, Deadalus ,and Minecraft gear vr (Unofficially). I believe this game has the potential to have VR support. I don’t know if it’s even possible to support VR in this game ,but it would be a cool idea to add Oculus go support or all VR headset in general. I don’t know anything about coding but I will just assume that my suggestion about including VR support in this game might be impossible ,but who knows maybe it might be possible to support VR in this game in the future.
Thank you all for making this community amazing and supporting this game. I still find it kinda funny that this game Re-Volt which was released on the Nintendo 64 is the game I played with my sibling in my childhood is still being supported in 2018 thanks to the devs and the community. If it wasn’t for the developers and the community, I believe I wouldn't be able to play this game on my modern PC and also on my android devices in 2018/2019.

Thank you guys. :re-volt:

Re: Support for Virtual Reality in Re-Volt

Unread post by 607 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Do you have any design ideas? :) As in, what it could be used for, and in what ways?
RC_BANDIT

Re: Support for Virtual Reality in Re-Volt

Unread post by RC_BANDIT » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for reading my post 607,
The idea was to add VR support within the graphic settings. Once enabled this will allow you to connect any VR headset to your device that being Android or Pc. This VR mode will allow you to move the camera based on your headset tracking. For example on android the tracking system could be based on your device gyroscope sensors ,and for pc the head tracking can be based on your camera sensor that came with your VR headset.
As you said 607 what use could VR have in this game. Well That's quite simple, to have a much more thrilling and immersive experience playing Re-Volt. That was all I came up with ,but I bet there could be more uses for VR in this game than I stated in this Reply.