[Closed | INVALID] RVGL new updates and patch

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Re-Volt

[Closed | INVALID] RVGL new updates and patch

Unread post by Re-Volt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:45 am

Yo, Guiz what is happening with this game?
Updates just incoming one by one, but nothing is really changing.
Like:
This Wall-bounce, when you hit it frontal, then bounce back as a freaking Robber Car and it's going on for a quiet time. Dropping from high like petro-volt - Same thing.
And lately - weapons randomize. And please don't say you haven't change anything with that. By playing RVGL it's just feeling there is only 3 weapons u can get - Balloons, Balls and plasma shot, sometimes bombs, however , there is always one dude who gets Zap at 1st pick-up and race is done for other ones.
Game-play overall has become far from enjoyable. Zaps everywhere and this OP timie for stopping others it is just ridiculous. (even it's from beginning of game also Re-Volt)
Please Remove 40-60% pickups in some tracks or balance Zap,OR please put back % to get all items equal.
With 16 players, game just become badness fighting not racing, so - if u get Zap at start, u just run away from all and that's it - those 15 dudes just starts never ending fight and 1st one can race like a boss +200m win.
This is not rage message after some bad race, this is how RVGL now works.
Ask players like Dolo, even Mudd.
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: RVGL new updates and patch

Unread post by VaidX47 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Regarding pickup get chances, only star was changed because people in 16 car races managed to get it too often and instead devs increased chance for turbo (so percentage could retain at 100%).These changes only applies to racers at bottom positions. Rest of weapon values are the same since 1999.
People being at 1st place and getting zap rather frequently is nothing unusual, I haven't seen it changed in RVGL. Perhaps since 1.2, but the source code says otherwise.
Weapon get chances might feel different if you're playing in 16 car races, I don't particularly like online pickup races with so many cars either, there's too much going on.
Also, weapon get choices were never equal. You can't make pickup races fair lol, it's luck. As said, weapon get percentages are the same, except for stars and battery, because people requested to tone it down after the car limit was increased.
If you don't like playing with 16 cars, play with 12 or less, it's not devs problem. :hansi:

Current values in RVGL (for last places, star was set down to 1 (from 5) and turbo increased to 17 (from 13)). That's all.
// Pickup weighting tables
// #NOTE: Reduced the star pickup weight (5) and adjusted turbo (13).
short pickup_weights[][PICKUP_NTYPES] = {
  {  5, 18,  5, 10,  5, 18, 18,  4,  8,  9,  0},      // 1st
  { 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10,  0},      // mid
  { 20,  3, 15,  2, 15,  2,  2, 21, 17,  2,  1},      // last
  { 10, 10,  5, 10, 10,  5, 15, 15, 10, 10,  0},      // CPU cars
};
I don't understand what you're trying to say with the wall-banging, is this v1.2 alpha collision complain thing again?
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
Re-Volt

Unread post by Re-Volt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Ok, that's legit.
There is one more thing with weapons in ~ last 2, 3 patchs. Rockets and baloons are trying to mess up shooter itself. Just rikoshets and somehow shooter gets hit by them. A lot lately.
Tnx for replay, Vaid.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 am

Hi Re-Volt,

the issue you are describing is more an issue with some custom cars. Examples are Shinobi and Ultima. I also have the same problem, especially when shooting rockets and waterbaloons before landing after a jump, or while the car is on a not completly flat road. As far as I know, it has something to do with the cars CoM values. Personally I never had the issue with stock cars. With which cars you are experiencing the problem?

Bye, Kiwi
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 am

I moved the topic to Bug Reports.

I don't think any of the problems described here were introduced by recent RVGL updates. I'm considering closing this topic as invalid / wontfix.

Possibly the quality of random number generation is slightly worse in multiplayer, but this has been an issue since original versions. Maybe I'll look into it. :eyes:
Re-Volt

Unread post by Re-Volt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Huki wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 am I moved the topic to Bug Reports.

I don't think any of the problems described here were introduced by recent RVGL updates. I'm considering closing this topic as invalid / wontfix.

Possibly the quality of random number generation is slightly worse in multiplayer, but this has been an issue since original versions. Maybe I'll look into it. :eyes:
Ok, but what's going on with wall bump bug?
Drive -> Hit Wall, say, frontal -> kick back from wall about 10m away with spinning/rotating car.
Looks unreal like car was made from pure robber.
Thanks.
Re-Volt

Unread post by Re-Volt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Kiwi wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 am Hi Re-Volt,

the issue you are describing is more an issue with some custom cars. Examples are Shinobi and Ultima. I also have the same problem, especially when shooting rockets and waterbaloons before landing after a jump, or while the car is on a not completly flat road. As far as I know, it has something to do with the cars CoM values. Personally I never had the issue with stock cars. With which cars you are experiencing the problem?

Bye, Kiwi
Stocks not custom, Kiwi. ;)
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Re-Volt wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm
Ok, but what's going on with wall bump bug?
Drive -> Hit Wall, say, frontal -> kick back from wall about 10m away with spinning/rotating car.
Looks unreal like car was made from pure robber.
Thanks.
You sure you're driving the banana car?
MAD
MIX
of MANY
The Man

Unread post by The Man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 pm

You sure you're driving the banana car?
Oh and Alex's Rainbow Road is a very choice for an ultimate Super Banana Out Of Boundaries SMASH HIT.

Nevertheless it would be great to confess (superb banana sins) as early as possible and asking forgiveness for being a troll.
Despite the fact that one gave a perfect teenager's (mutant) idea of founding a topic about the best car flip motion pictures.
El_Spy

Unread post by El_Spy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 pm

See bloom a subject like this on this forum without my being the author, I did not think that one day it can happen ...
Previously, if parasites that are useless could avoid telling shit and deflect the subject, it would raise the debate, or at least the discusion started by Re-Volt (very good nick in passing ...)
Everything that Re-Volt describes is relevant, he is one of the few who has opened his eyes to the reality of what is RVGL.
Huki has the nerve to say that it has not been integrated since the last updates of RVGL, actually he is right ...
This has been done slowly through years of development, since the alpha 1.2 11.08xx, but when we lack of control and hindsight on the online multiplayer mode, it is difficult to admit it...
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:30 pm

None of the issues described are relevant to RVGL. Either the issue doesn't even exist or it's just standard gameplay behavior. I'm closing this report as invalid.