Jura

Post about the progress of your projects.
r6te

Jura

Unread post by r6te » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Hello guys!

I just have been planning and working on a new track called Jura - with the experiences from Ranch and other creations of mine I want to create an awesome (long) track. Jura is based on the Jurassic era where there were many dinosaurs and reptiles. Set in a time 100 million years ago, where humans travel through time by using quantum mechanics and they had built a place where they could research dinosaurs and explore the world back in that age.

The first part is a dome where cars can race through a biome and you can look through the glass to see the environment around you.

Which is based off this:

This track will be heavily foliage based and I hope to achieve a very cool cinematic track which is really good on graphics and have a good line at the same time.

In the meantime I will try and post progress for every few hours that I've worked on the track.

Cheers!
kiwi

Re: Jura

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Really nice to see you're working on a track again, Thomas. I love the setting - this could get really great.

But I already have some brain food for you: What are your plans regarding dinosaurs? The Re-Volt engine is not really made for adding living creatures. If you don't plan to add dinosaurs in any way: How do you think you will reach the atmosphere of the dinosaur age, without having actual dinosaurs in it? I just thought about typical stuff you could place around the track, but somehow no things come to my mind. My fear is, that the tracks "just" feels like a jungle-/biosphere-map in the end. For sure, some frightening ROAR sounds in the background can add some atmosphere, but I don't know if this would be enough. Would be really interested, how you plan to solve this!

Good luck with the track, I will for sure follow your process. :)
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 pm

An idea is to hint at the presence of dinosaurs without really showing them. (warnings, sign boards, footprints, ...)

Of course, I approve of this theme. :P

Unread post by 607 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Cool! :)
r6te

Unread post by r6te » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Mapped the glass and made it translucent which makes it easier to add more detail later.

https://streamable.com/b9a5h
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:34 am

Was any progress made on this track? I really would like to see how it looks at the moment. :)
r6te

Unread post by r6te » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Dear Kiwi,
Thank you for your reply. There has been progress in jura but mainly in the bigger details, which are also important of course. some of the smaller details such as plants have been modeled already but they will be placed after the main mesh and style is done.
► Show Spoiler
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the pics. This is looking very promising so far. And as I can see, also the raceline is finished already. :)

It look like that there will be rain only on some areas? Or were the screenshots made at different times during development?

All in all you made already a lot of progress, keep it up!
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:50 am

This kind of concept could be used for a "underwater aquarium" with moving fishes and plants and such

Unread post by 607 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 am

Aw, I thought there would be an update. :P