Recently, I've been feeling like something is missing. I know I've taken many parts off maintainance (creations, archive, ...) but I just couldn't allocate any time for caring about them.
The website isn't simple and accessible enough, it's not clear where to download the game and the screenshots are also somewhat hidden. My schedule is somewhat full already (RVGL, add-on, ...) so starting this all on my own might be a bad idea.
Still I'd like to think about ways to improve the website. The biggest problems I have right now are the following:
- The server is too slow. We'll probably move back to DigitalOcean when I can afford it. Right now we're paying 3 Euros per month but people from America can hardly access our website at all.
- The website is too complicated: Too much information scattered around too many pages.
- The design is inconsistent across browsers, especially with dpi scaling. Does it look alright for you?
- The design is kind of messy in terms of the backend. This is only something we admins notice.
- The website is not optimized for search engines: RVIO is too far at the bottom on Google and other search engines.
- The documentation/tutorials need to be finished and finally need to mention how to work with my add-on. A car tutorial is missing.
- I'd still like a place for people to share their creations. Someone might be working on something so we'll see.