Lost an object in MAKEITGOOD

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.

Lost an object in MAKEITGOOD

Unread post by 607 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Hello, I am looking for your help.
I made a custom water object for my track, but I can't find the centre of it anymore. I have tried replacing the water object with a small object, and replacing it with a copy of the entire track, but I still wasn't able to find the centre.
I don't think there is an option to cycle through all objects in the level, is there?
Has anyone else had this issue? Do any of you know how I could find my object again? I now can't move it, or delete it, or modify it...
Wichilie

Re: Lost an object in MAKEITGOOD

Unread post by Wichilie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 pm

You can open the .fob with Jigebren's Blender plugin and find it in the object list in the top right. PM me if you need me to give you a link for it
Gotolei

Unread post by Gotolei » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 am

You can also import the rogue object (just the .m), and figure out where the origin is. Selections in makeitgood are based on where the origin is, not where the object appears to be (cones, for example, can only be selected by trying at it near the bottom).

Unread post by 607 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am

Gotolei wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 am You can also import the rogue object (just the .m), and figure out where the origin is. Selections in makeitgood are based on where the origin is, not where the object appears to be (cones, for example, can only be selected by trying at it near the bottom).
Ah, that's what I thought, thanks. How can I figure out where the origin is? I only started with Blender yesterday. ;)
Gotolei

Unread post by Gotolei » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:16 am

It's the orange dot that appears when you select an object:

(also, this)

Unread post by 607 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Thank you, that worked! I had to place the cursor in the spot I wanted the origin to be, and then press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + C.
Something that also greatly worked: increasing the FARCLIP and FOGSTART in the inf file! Now I can actually see the entire track and water object without having to fly around.

Edit: A side-effect of moving the origin to the corner: applying vertex paint now only applies it to that corner, creating a gradient.