RVGL Issue

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Vapour

RVGL Issue

Unread post by Vapour » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello, i'm new here, I originally posted my problem on Re-Volt Live but it seems the place is inactive so i was sent here. Anyway i've been i guess "Re-Volting" since 2009. i've been on and off, but recently i downloaded RVGL (64bit version) and i cannot seem to get it to work. I mean it loads to the main menu fine but when i try to load a race it crashes and gives me an "RVGL has stopped working" error. Has anyone else encountered this problem and knows the solution. i'm running Win7 64bit btw
Wichilie

Re: RVGL Issue

Unread post by Wichilie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Hmm, weird that it does load the main menu but not the levels. You can try the following: in [root]/profile/rvgl.ini, set EnableUBO to 0. If that doesn't work, try the same with Shaders.
That's the usual first step for troubleshooting this game anyway, but I'm not sure how applicable they are since the menu does work. Worth a shot though '^^.
Vapour

Unread post by Vapour » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:07 pm

I cannot find the ini file for some reason. Does it appear after i make the profile? Unfortunately the game deletes my profile after the crash so i have to make new one everytime i launch the game.

Unread post by 607 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Ah, I'm glad you saw my message. :mrgreen: You could create a profile, and then quit, before attempting to start a race. This should save your profile, and then you can attempt the ini toggles suggested by Wichilie. :)
Vapour

Unread post by Vapour » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:25 am

Well, i've tried that and still it doesen't appear. I launch the game, create a profile and exit the game, but the game crashes before it can save the profile. I actually tried the 32bit version RVGL and it works fine althrough there are some crashes with same error message every now and then.

Unread post by 607 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 am

Hm... I don't know about that! I hope someone else can help you, or you'll figure it out yourself.
mmudshark

Unread post by mmudshark » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 am

I have a 64bit system but had issues with the 64bit rvgl. I installed the 32bit version and have no issues since. Good luck.
Vapour

Unread post by Vapour » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 am

mmudshark wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 am I have a 64bit system but had issues with the 64bit rvgl. I installed the 32bit version and have no issues since. Good luck.
:
Yeah i dont know what the problem is, maybe its my computer or something
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 am

tell us what folders you have on your RVGL folder, may be someting is missing...

The best way to have a working RVGL is to :
1) install original revolt
2) put the last re-volt 1.2 patch
3) add the last RVGL
that way nothing will be missing
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm

That 2nd step can be skipped entirely. There's not much point in installing 1.2 if you're just going to use RVGL afterwards anyway, unless you want to use 1.2 alongside; but I don't think 1.2 would work well if you have RVGL installed on top of it, so it'd be best to keep them in separate installs.

If you can't install the original Re-Volt, you can also obtain the assets here. There shouldn't be anything missing in there, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

P.S.: If you're going to throw in the game assets in your Re-Volt folder, make sure to reinstall RVGL as well. The patch comes with some edited/updated assets which may be required for the game to work.
Vapour

Unread post by Vapour » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:49 pm

I actually tried "SebR" method before i posted in the forums and with separate game assets like you mentioned above. None them worked. Oh well. I guess i just stick with 32bit version. It works fine like i said with some minor crashes here and there. One thing is
i noticed is that V-sync doesent seem to work. Is it because im using 32bit version on 64bit OS or what?
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 pm

What's the GFX card used to run RVGL ? If it's embeded one try use the other one

Vapour

Unread post by Vapour » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:40 am

i'm currently using this crappy throwaway pc with intergrated GPU (Intel GMA 4500MHD, i know RIP) but it supports OpenGL 2.1 if that helps.
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:24 am

This explain that... Some Intel integrated GPU don't realy like RVGL, you're not the only one and I don't know if Huki can do something about that.

From RVGL Shader post here are some info to help you found the best way to set up your RVGL profile

Code: Select all

▼ Supported OpenGL Profiles
Advanced users can select one of the supported OpenGL Profiles by setting the GLProfile key in rvgl.ini. The following values are supported:

0 - Compatibility profile: Initialize a backwards compatible OpenGL profile (the default).
    1 - Core profile: Initialize a 3.2+ Core profile. In some cases, driver support may be better when using a core profile.
    2 - ES profile: Initialize an OpenGL ES profile for Embedded Systems. Requires a mobile GPU or driver support for ES emulation.
    3 - ES Driver profile: On Windows, initialize an OpenGL ES 2+ profile using the ANGLE Direct3D implementation included with the game.

▼ Advanced OpenGL Functionality
RVGL has support for new OpenGL functionality that takes advantage of newer hardware.

Uniform Buffer Objects: Buffer-backed uniform blocks are used to store and update shader state which can provide better stability and improved performance when rendering scenes with large number of meshes. Requires OpenGL 3.0, GLES 3.0 or driver support. The feature can be toggled with EnableUBO in rvgl.ini.
    Separate Shader Objects: Shader programs for the vertex and fragment shading stages are generated separately, enabling better reuse of shader code. Requires OpenGL 4.1, GLES 3.1 or driver support. The feature can be toggled with EnableSSO in rvgl.ini.
    Frame Buffer Objects: Antialias support is implemented through Frame Buffer Objects (i.e., the application maintains its own frame buffers rather than rendering directly to the window buffers). To use a native multisampled window, set EnableFBO to 0 in rvgl.ini. This is particularly useful for embedded GPUs.