[Closed | UNIMPLEMENTED] Double-sided flag for collision faces has no effect

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Wichilie

[Closed | UNIMPLEMENTED] Double-sided flag for collision faces has no effect

Unread post by Wichilie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:44 am

As the title suggests, enabling the double-sided flag for collision faces does not actually make the face double-sided. As an example, the roof of this overpass is set as double-sided:

But rain still passes through it (as well as cars if you teleport them on top of it):

(The normals are pointing downwards; the collision does work in this direction. The double-sided flag for world faces also does work as expected.)
Wichilie

Re: Double-sided flag for collision faces has no effect

Unread post by Wichilie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:32 am

Update: Huki has said that the double-sided flag is not implemented for collision faces and does nothing currently. This is thus not a bug. I'm leaving the topic up in case someone runs into the same problem.
Gorgonzola

Re: [Closed | UNIMPLEMENTED] Double-sided flag for collision faces has no effect

Unread post by Gorgonzola » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:19 pm

You can still do a workaround and duplicate the selected faces and flip their normals to the opposite direction, remember to keep a minimal gap between both bunch of faces. If not, the car or any object will get stuck as soon as they collide with the faces
Wichilie

Re: [Closed | UNIMPLEMENTED] Double-sided flag for collision faces has no effect

Unread post by Wichilie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks for the tip! I'll use that in my track.