[SOLVED] [RVGL] Sliders collision not working

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
kiwi

[SOLVED] [RVGL] Sliders collision not working

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 am

I have a strange issue with the Slider objects at my custom track. I'm using default Supermarket sliders at Spa-Volt 2.
I've only remapped the texture so far, the .ncp is still stock.

At Singleplayer races, the collision is not working properly, as you can see in this short video:

https://streamable.com/w4pf0

However, in other race modes - for example Time Trial - there are no issues at all:

https://streamable.com/ht8kk

I can reproduce this, and I also heard from other people, having similar issues at other tracks which are using slider objects.
I also tried, to do a fresh export from the sliders .ncp-file, but the problem stay.

Any idea, what can cause this?
r6te

Re: [RVGL] Sliders collision not working

Unread post by r6te » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:09 am

Is the issue reproducible in the stock SM level?

Unread post by 607 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 pm

That does indeed remind me of some of my old Lego tracks. (Burguers mentioned this on Discord)
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Kiwi wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 am I have a strange issue with the Slider objects at my custom track. I'm using default Supermarket sliders at Spa-Volt 2.
I've only remapped the texture so far, the .ncp is still stock.
Pretty much I have the similar issue on an old canceled track of mine. Possibly the collision is hard-coded, or the .ncp is just wank. A possible reason is that the collision & main model are off-sync to the animation, but that's just me.
MAD
MIX
of MANY
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:09 pm

there is no ncp for slider model : it's a hull file like with cars ...
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:15 pm

@r6te: I tested it on Supermarket 2: I can't reproduce it there. Slider collisions working fine in all the game modes on this track.

@Mace: I'm not sure if this can be the case, because it's working perfectly on Market 2. My guess is that I hit (again) some kind of a limit at Spa-Volt 2?

@Sebr: Are you sure? Look here, this are the files from the RVGL download:

Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:22 am

Kiwi wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:15 pm
@Mace: I'm not sure if this can be the case, because it's working perfectly on Market 2. My guess is that I hit (again) some kind of a limit at Spa-Volt 2?

How many sliders do you have on this track? In my track with the sliders, there's 6 of them, and during races, the doors don't seem to respond with collision.
MAD
MIX
of MANY
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:04 am

I have 2 doors = 4 sliders.

It‘s true that this are 2 more than on Supermarket 2, but if it would be hardcoded (or synced in some way), I would guess that it also wouldn‘t work in Time Trial mode. This is the thing which is confusing me. Why does it only not work in Singleplayer?

Today in the evening I will try to remove 2 of the sliders, and will have a look if it works this way.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:24 am

To summarize from my discussions with Kiwi on Discord,
  • There is a collision issue affecting certain animated objects like the sliding door.
  • The issue exists in the original versions and the stock Market2 level (but here it's rare).
  • You can pass through the sliding door every time a car is repositioning anywhere on the level.
  • So, the bug is more frequent when AI cars are repositioning all the time.
This bug has also been fixed for good (and after nearly 20 years!).

Unread post by 607 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am

That's a fun cause!

Re: [SOLVED] [RVGL] Sliders collision not working

Unread post by 607 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm

You can still drive through slider doors. :D But it does seem to be much less frequent than in older versions (I haven't tested against an older version, just against my memory).
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 pm

607 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm You can still drive through slider doors. :D But it does seem to be much less frequent than in older versions (I haven't tested against an older version, just against my memory).
Are you sure? It's highly unlikely that the bug still exists. Have you checked your version of RVGL, and can you provide more details? (the track, game mode, ...)

Unread post by 607 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:42 am

Huki wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 pm Are you sure? It's highly unlikely that the bug still exists. Have you checked your version of RVGL, and can you provide more details? (the track, game mode, ...)
Aah, my memory was mistaken then, sorry. :grimacing: I have not yet updated my main installation, I see (only my I/O one). I was confused because of the different order in months and days from what I'm used to, maybe.
But I believe you that the bug was indeed fixed in the newest version, and that's quite interesting! Some of my old tracks will behave a bit differently, now. ;)