so I gave it another try, and did a few more tests with the current version of my track.
1) I've created a portal by using the makeitgood "Erm, nothing to see here"-mode, where the mirrored surface should appear.
2) I've created a rim
-file by using the mkmirror tool. (http://www.perror.de/rv/#tools
3) I made the floor faces where the mirror should be translucent, by setting the Mirror
-flag, and set Alpha Transparency Channel to Grey 70.
Results: Good and a bad news.
Good news: The Graphic glitches are gone completly
. I don't know why. Ether, it was solved by some of the latest RVGL updates, or something changed inside my track, which was affecting the glitches as shown in the thread earlier.
Bad news: The mirroring is not working anymore
. It acts like the rim
-file isn't there at all. Instead, the floor is just translucent, with the skybox and the rest of the level meshes shining through. No mirror effects at all.
So I did some more investigations:
4) I removed all the water boxes (3 pieces) in my track, and saved the fob
Results: Good news. The mirrors are working, like they should! No graphic glitches
. But also no water boxes
. See this screenshot:
5) So I tried to add a very small water box, far away from the surface where the mirror should me. See here:
Results: Bad news:
The mirror effect is gone again
. Again, the faces on the floor are just translucent, without any mirror effect visible. Screenshot:
6) I tried the same with stock levels. I was not able, to break the mirroring, by adding water boxes. Maybe, because the stock tracks rim
-files wasn't created with the mkmirror tool?
On some ore all custom tracks, which create mirroring effects by using the mkmirror tool, there are issues as soon at least one water box is present.