Ubuntu - pathetic!

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
govorunov

Ubuntu - pathetic!

Unread post by govorunov » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:36 am

Seriously? Is this how games are on Linux?
Why this freaking game has to change my system display settings every freaking time it starts? I can't see shit on my TV (where the ubuntu box is connected) unless I set the scale ratio to 200+, but no - this game has its own opinion on what my freaking system-wide screen settings should be. Needless to say, it does not work if you change system display scale settings to anything other than default.

Plus after installing this piece of shit my Retroarch installation stopped working. Even funnier - it works but all games are now laging like 1fps. Of course, there is no error message or anything that may suggest what is wrong.
Does every F@&$ING game on Linux has to hack into the system globally, install its buggy drivers, and trash everything around it?

No need to answer this one.
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: Ubuntu - pathetic!

Unread post by VaidX47 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:14 pm

I don't know from what fairy tale you're coming, but it doesn't sound like it is fun to be there.
Are we talking about RVGL here? As you presumably being a Linux user (albeit Ubuntu), I'm disappointed you don't even mention any specifics (game build number, libraries you've replaced and etc.), your topic might very well be posted anywhere as it can apply to every single Linux application.

No need to help this one. We are good with complaining without specifics.

If you have so much trouble with games on Linux, might as well just use Windows lol
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:48 pm

I play RVGL linux version on Linux Mint on my laptop and it runs very well, faster than on Windows, without any issues. I've never tried connecting to a TV though.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Same here, I also use Linux Mint and never had any of these issues. Before that, I've used Antergos, Ubuntu MATE and Xubuntu, and RVGL did not cause any issues on them either. I've also got RetroArch installed and it still works perfectly fine; I don't see how installing RVGL and its required libraries could possibly affect it.

It seems to me like either there's something else that botched your Ubuntu installation, or you're a bot (which I find it very likely considering how generic your post looks and how there's no mention of RVGL). If you think you're human, though, I would recommend reinstalling Ubuntu, or perhaps switching to Windows. With all its issues, Windows is still the better option for more casual PC users.