Bug: RVGL 20.0930a introduced slow ai recovery again

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
whitedoom1

Bug: RVGL 20.0930a introduced slow ai recovery again

Unread post by whitedoom1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:21 pm

Hey there,

I wanted to let you guys know that when using the gazzasaicar method for online play the ai behaves slow with recovery cases again. When the car is for example up side down it takes again 3 seconds to recover again instead of the supposed 1 second when having it put on difficulty 3.

In version 20.0905a this was actually fixed (did double check it). It probably had to do with this change:
' - Ensure that clients use the default catchup mode in Battle Tag. This fixes
yet another 'it' car speedup bug.'

It seems like that any ai that join a host is considered easy difficulty again and therefor knows for slow recovery when using gazzasaicar. If the ai is host itself then it recognise the difficulty change though (this also counts for the in game ai option those are still correctly based on difficulty settings)

In short the following bug seems to be apparant as followed:
-If a gazzasaicar ai joins a host it auto sets back to difficulty 1 (so not just in battle tag as the intention was I believe but also in common races!)
-This bug wasn't apparent in version 20.905a
-The host ai doesn't have this problem + the in game online cpu option doenst have this problem

Why is this important?
The reason I keep coming with this is because gazzasaicar is the perfect way to choose the exact ai cars you want in a game for a special type of event that I host alot. It would be cool if the difficulty option for racing can also be hold with this way of using ai in online.

Hopefully I gave enough information about this error and hopefully there is an easy fix without battle tag getting a negative out of it again as it seems it does from what I read, if you need more information though be sure to let me know or just what your general thoughts about the issue are:D

Cheers,
Whitedoom
Huki
Developer

Re: Bug: RVGL 20.0930a introduced slow ai recovery again

Unread post by Huki » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:11 pm

That's unfortunate to hear. The AI difficulty and 'it' car difficulty are interlinked and changing one messes up the other. I forgot to take into account gazzasaicar clients. I'll post a test build here with a proper fix. I'd appreciate it if you (and those that play tag) can test both issues and report back so we can consider this definitively fixed. ;)
whitedoom1

Unread post by whitedoom1 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:12 am

Appreciate the quick response Huki and glad to hear this might not be that big of an issue to fix! You can hit me up in discord whenever you want me to test these stuff out ;)
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Here you go:

rvgl_catchup_test [win32 | win64 | linux]

Note also that I moved the topic to Development -> Bug Reports. It was originally posted in Website Suggestions. :?
whitedoom1

Unread post by whitedoom1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Yes, when it comes to the re-volt forum Im pretty newbie so sorry for that one, will keep that in mind for new bug reports :grimacing:

I just did a few tests and it seems the test version fixes the issue again from the racing perspective. I can't really test if battle tag works correctly though as I haven't really had first hand experience with the error there that some encountered before so hopefully the ones that have had issues there will have a positive result aswell with this test version!

Thanks alot for looking into the issue and for letting us test if its all working correct now! ;)