Unable to assign leftbutton & rightbutton (below shoulder buttins) [Fire TV]

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
7wells

Unable to assign leftbutton & rightbutton (below shoulder buttins) [Fire TV]

Unread post by 7wells » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Hello Huki and everybody,

I cannot assign the leftbutton & rightbutton (the buttons directly under the respective shoulder buttons) in RVGL on Fire TV. When I press them in the RVGL controller settings, nothing happens, despite in the controllermap app both are recognized and set. Can you help me, please? Thank you.
Huki
Developer

Re: Unable to assign leftbutton & rightbutton (below shoulder buttins) [Fire TV]

Unread post by Huki » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:46 am

I don't understand which buttons you're talking about exactly. Can you pinpoint these buttons in the mapping string?
Is it the left and right triggers?
7wells

Re: Unable to assign leftbutton & rightbutton (below shoulder buttins) [Fire TV]

Unread post by 7wells » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 am

The original Amazon Fire TV game controller (that does not work with the Fire TV sticks - has nothing to do with RVGL - and is not sold anymore) works out of the box on the Fire TV box, i.e. without a need for the controllermap app; all buttons can be assigned in RVGL's settings and work as assigned.

So I assume that the other controller ('unu controller') is somewhat problematic. I will further look into this (and try yet another controller, too).
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello Huki and everybody,

I hope my message finds you well.

Has anybody of you the problems that I described about the "unu controller"? I am still not able to assign acceleration to the right front and brakes to the left front buttons, only to the shoulder buttons on the right and left, respectively. As this problem does not exist with another controller (Amazon's Fire TV game controller), I still assume that the "unu controller" and its mapping is somewhat problematic. Now I wonder if/what I can do about it. Thanks for your help.

Wishing all of you a good start into the next year 2021, hopefully a more pleasant and most important more healthful year!