[SOLVED] Shader compilation error

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
maximus

[SOLVED] Shader compilation error

Unread post by maximus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi there,

I am new to this forum, but not to the game - I used to play it for hours and hours as a kid and was happy to find a way to install and play it again. I appreciate the work that has been put into bringing the game back to life! However, after following the installation steps and starting the game I run into a "shader compilation error". After the intro I get a black screen, the music is playing though. It appears to me, that the menu is also working since I hear the options available to click on. Did not find a way to fix it but I am a total noob in regards to that anyways. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks
maximus
mmudshark

Re: Shader compilation error

Unread post by mmudshark » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:52 am

Hi. If you go to the folder your rvgl is in and click on Profiles you should see the rvgl.ini file. Open it and scroll down to Shaders. If Shaders are set to 1, change that to 0, Save changes then see if you still have the same problem. (Try changing it to 1 if it's already set to 0.)
If that doesn't fix the problem try installing the "Online" version from this site (if you didn't get your install there) to see if that fixes things. The "Online" version has the extra tracks and cars that are played the most. https://re-volt.io/downloads/game
maximus

Unread post by maximus » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:07 am

Hi mmudshark, I changed the ini file, that didn't do the trick, but installing the online version helped :) It now works just fine. Thanks a lot for that hint!
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:03 pm

It could only be when your graphics device does not support certain OpenGL features (usually bad drivers+dated hardware combo), disabling Shader renderer solves it.
Or perhaps shader files were corrupted.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<