[SOLVED] Random Tracks pool includes stock tracks even if they aren't in the levels directory

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
hajducsekb

[SOLVED] Random Tracks pool includes stock tracks even if they aren't in the levels directory

Unread post by hajducsekb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 am

Stumbled upon this bug some time ago, forgot about it, but then held a random track session consisting only of bonus tracks, so I was reminded of it.

Reproduction: Place any custom track (only one, since we want to reproduce the issue) into the levels folder. Remove all stock tracks from here. Launch RVGL, and turn on the Random Tracks option. Start a race.
Expected behaviour: The one custom track that was put into the folder gets loaded, since only that one can be randomized.
Actual behaviour: There's at least an 80% (4 tracks unlocked by default, 1 custom track) chance of a stock track being loaded by the game, and the game crashing out. It tries to find the inf file, but can't, returns an error (cannot find ...), then quits to desktop. I will upload re-volt.log, although I doubt that it will have important information regarding this issue.
Note: When I turn the Random Tracks option off, I see all stock tracks as locked, and I can't choose them.

re-volt.log file (Ubuntu Pastebin)

Thanks in advance! ;)
HAJDUC DOT COM

Re: Random Tracks pool includes stock tracks even if they aren't in the levels directory

Unread post by 607 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am

I would agree. This because when you remove cars from your installation, they are not picked by the Random Cars option anymore.
Of course if this would be changed the game would still crash upon loading a demo.
Huki
Developer

Re: Random Tracks pool includes stock tracks even if they aren't in the levels directory

Unread post by Huki » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:00 am

Fixed, thanks for the report.

A possible workaround in current versions: scroll through all stock tracks such that the "Locked" is displayed on each of them. Then go back and turn on random tracks option. I believe this should cause the missing stock tracks to no longer be selected.
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 pm

That is awesome to hear! And I can confirm that scrolling through before turning on random works. (:
HAJDUC DOT COM