Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip (not updated this time)
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
In shader mode, it's now possible to configure the number of lights and effects that affect each mesh (i.e., a world cube or model mesh) through new rvgl.ini options: ShaderLights, ShaderShadows and ShaderEffects. The default values are 8 lights, 4 shadow boxes and 4 mesh effects. The maximum limit for each is currently 16. The shaders have also been updated in this release.
- Improved session log: Best lap times are saved to the session log. (#228) The logs are generated once for each session (i.e., Back To Lobby no longer creates new files).
- Chat messages are now saved to a session_xxx.log file, along with the session_xxx.csv, when using the '-sessionlog' option. (#765)
- New command line -hidechat to hide in-game chat messages (press TAB or F12 to see them later). (#67)
- The race results table is now shown for spectator players. (#784)
- Best lap and race times are now communicated through the server (prevents inconsistent results for P2P clients).
- Weapon effects in centralized mode (bomb, electro and fox) have been restored to use client-side computation.
- Network logs (in the re-volt.log file) have improved, and the game now logs weapon data packets.
- The behavior at high frame rates has improved to prevent stuttering with vsync off while keeping the game stable in a wide range of scenarios (vsync on, broken vsync, high monitor refresh rates, etc). Camera and audio effects should behave better at high frame rates.
- New language (Slovak) and updated Czech translation. (#122)
- Non-linear steering option can now be disabled when using keyboard / mouse.