Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip (not updated this time)
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
Starting from 17.1124a, RVGL uses multi-threaded OpenGL support for assets loading (it allows textures and buffers to be loaded from a separate thread while the load screen is rendered on the main thread). It's now possible to disable this on systems where it's poorly supported, by setting GLThreaded = 0 in rvgl.ini. This causes all GPU assets to be loaded from the main thread, which could be slow but more stable on those systems.
An option has been added to tweak the AI diffculty level in single races. In your profile.ini, set Difficulty to one of the supported values (0: Very Easy, 1: Easy, 2: Medium, 3: Hard). The default difficulty level for single races is Very Easy, with higher difficulty levels previously appearing only when playing the championship cups.
Game Folder Configurable:
A new command line has been added to let you change where RVGL looks for assets. This allows you to keep the executable outside the game folder, or switch between multiple game installations. Simply run RVGL with the -chdir command line, followed by the folder path (if path contains spaces, use double quotes). Eg, to use an installation in D:\Games\RVGL, run:
Code: Select all
rvgl.exe -chdir "D:\Games\RVGL"
- The online lag management has improved (animation of cars should be more accurate).
- When pasting IP into Host Computer field, leading and trailing spaces are stripped.
- Session log file always specifies play mode (Simulation, Arcade, ...) in English, allowing the online parser to handle it properly.
- Electro zap impact is displayed properly on remote cars (in centralized mode).
- Shader: Fixed a glitch with semi-transparent surfaces in Museum 2 planetarium.
- Fix darker menus when viewing multiplayer replays saved in spectator mode.
- Fix the alignment in Best Times menu with unicode symbols in player name or car name.
- Fix crash when host starts Rooftops and DC Pack is not installed locally.