Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip (updated this time, see changelog)
Download the Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
Improved Reverse Support:
For track makers, the ability to customize their tracks for reverse variants has vastly improved. All supported levels files and a few level graphics can now have reverse variants placed in the "reversed" or "custom/reversed" folder.
Below is a list of newly supported files that can have reverse variants:
The shader code has been restructured to generate more permutations and avoid dynamic branching where possible. This should greatly improve performance. It now supports a maximum of 8 Lights and 3 ShadowBoxes per mesh. Further, repetitive error messages on shader compilation failure is now avoided.
This release also brings support for new OpenGL functionality, taking advantage of newer hardware:
- Uniform Buffer Objects: Buffer-backed uniform blocks are used to store and update shader state which can provide better stability and improved performance when rendering scenes with large number of meshes. Requires OpenGL 3.0, GLES 3.0 or driver support. The feature can be toggled using the EnableUBO key in rvgl.ini.
- Separate Shader Objects: Shader programs for the vertex and fragment shading stages are generated separately, enabling better reuse of shader code. Requires OpenGL 4.1, GLES 3.1 or driver support. The feature can be toggled using the EnableSSO key in rvgl.ini.
Improved translucency sorting: Special effects like sparks, skidmarks, dust and smoke are handled better by the shader renderer. For some background, see the post at [RVGL Shader version] Translucent faces issue. This can be slightly more CPU intensive. A new key SortLevel has been added to rvgl.ini to switch between the new sorting algorithm and the old, simplistic sorting scheme.
- The target API level has been increased to 21 for compatibility with Android P.
- Ultra wide aspect ratios, up to 27:9, are now supported.
- Antialias support should be working on GLES3 mobile devices.
- Disclaimer text at the intro screen is more readable.
Support for the Basque language has been added, thanks to translation provided by Urtzi of Game Erauntsia.
- Show confirmation message for Save Car Info in-game option (dev mode).
- The log file mentions CPU architecture info (x86 or arm).
- Support multiple gamecontrollerdb files for different SDL2 versions (useful for GNU/Linux systems where the latest version of SDL2 cannot be used).
- Shaders: Fix lighting glitch in car springs and other parts.
- Shaders: Fix glitch in reflections of additive blended meshes.
- Shaders: Fix crash in Objects edit mode on quiting Preview.
- Fix pure-black issues in BossVolt texture.
- Fix firework target disappearing in Chase camera view.
- Fix transparency issues and invisible nodes in edit mode.
- Fix lines visible through walls in edit mode.