- Significantly improved performance on almost all modern cards.
- Better power efficiency on laptops and mobile devices.
- Possibility of having RVGL ported to GLES platforms like iOS / Android.
- Lights and shadows
- Fog (including vertical fog)
- Mirrors, semi-transparency
- Environment effects (using multi-texturing)
- Mesh deformation effects (waterbox, splash, etc)
- All particle effects
The shader-based renderer is used by default on new installations. For existing installations, get the latest RVGL build from the RVGL project page. Then, edit profiles\rvgl.ini and set Shaders = 1 to enable the shader-based rendering mode. If the shader mode was activated properly, the build number display in Frontend should turn yellow. To temporarily switch back to the old renderer, launch the game with the -noshader parameter.
See the dedicated thread for Android related information.