Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.7z
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controllermap.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
This release introduces an inbuilt content pack management system similar to what you'd find in tools like Mod Organizer. Content can be placed in multiple folders, called packs, and enabled selectively through a packlist file.
When a packlist is active, only content from the listed packs are enabled. The game sees a merged view of the pack folders, as though each pack was extracted one after the other to the game folder. No files are actually copied or moved, so there is no additional overhead. It's all native and it just works.
To learn more about how to set up packs, read the docs.
You can now have custom championship cups in the same way you have additional cars and tracks. Each cup is defined in a text file placed in the cups folder. The available cups are listed at the Championship selection screen. To get started, read the docs.
When a custom cup is selected, the camera switches to the trophy overview. For custom frontends, there is a new camera view (ID 24 or TROPHYUSER) that, when set, will be used instead. Get the updated sample frontend.txt that includes the new section.
Texture Animation is now supported for models (*.prm and *.m files). You create and save texture animation data to the world file as usual, but models can now refer to those animations. Simply assign the Texture Animation face flag to your model faces and assign the animation slot as usual. We've recently added a Texture Animation Guide that walks you through the process.
Also for track authors, mirrored-repeat texture mapping mode is now supported. Set the wrap mode to 2 in TEXTUREPROPS (0:clamp, 1:repeat, 2:mirrored-repeat).
Code: Select all
TEXTUREPROPS 3 1 2 1 ; Index - mipmaps - wrap mode - colorkey
- Lights and Portals modes now have a modern editor. Portals is supported for completeness even though it's unused. As for Lights, you can move Omni lights, rotate Spot lights, rotate and scale Shadow Boxes using the standard tools.
- Scaling tool has improved with several glitches fixed.
- The modern editor is now default for new installations.
- Search is supported in Replay and Cup selection screens.
- Unfinished players are listed again in the session CSV. (#1352)
- Difficulty setting (in profile.ini) is taken into account for gazzasaicar clients. (#1342)
- Fixed a crash related to the mystery car (can happen in Time Trial that has a custom car ghost and the custom car is no longer installed).
- Fixed a bug that can cause P2P connections to fail in rare cases.