Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.7z
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controllermap.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
This is mostly a bug fix and maintenance update. Read the changelog to know everything that has changed.
Editor Camera Navigation
It's now possible to tilt the camera along the roll axis in freeform (F6) mode and achieve a Dutch Angle effect, eg., for screenshots. To do this, hold down Alt and move the mouse horizontally. You can reset the tilt by pressing C or middle click. In a related move, Zoom Out and Zoom Reset commands are swapped. It's now Z for zoom in, X for zoom out and C to reset the lens.
SDL2 and OpenAL
- There is a new -nojoy command line to completely disable SDL2's Joystick, GameController and Haptic subsystems. This can be useful for debugging issues related to HID devices or USB polling, for example, which were in rare cases reported to cause freezes with newer SDL2 versions.
- On Windows, the OpenAL library is reverted back to 1.19.1 as the newer version introduced freezes for several users.
There is improved fallback support for several video profiles:
- Profile = 1 used to create an OpenGL 3.2 Core profile. Whether a newer OpenGL version was automatically provided was left up to the GPU driver. RVGL now attempts to create an OpenGL 4.5 Core profile, then falls back to 3.2 upon failure.
- Profile = 3 used to initialize ANGLE Direct3D with ES 2.0 level support. It now attempts to create an ES 3.0 context and then falls back silently to ES 2.0 mode. The separate Profile = 4 setting is no longer needed and has been removed.
- Ensure the correct class is checked for progress unlocking. This fixes a bug that was introduced way back in 20.0430a.
- Car Skins: Placing the main texture file and additional skins in a sub-folder is now supported.
- Android: On first run, assets are not extracted from the APK if the RVGL folder is found empty.
- Editor: Updated the spark generator object to support the full range of 64 spark IDs.
- Editor: Fixed flawed intersection tests that caused several issues in modern mode.
- Fixed a bug in the session CSV where unfinished players were marked as finished when -savereplays was also used.
- Fixed a potential crash when entering the controller config menu after hotswapping controllers. (#1330)
- Online: Yet another 'it' car speedup bug was fixed.