Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.7z
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controllermap.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
Level Properties: There are a couple of features focused on levels that have an animated start grid (think of a platform that moves up or down at start).
- Reposition behaves differently in Time Trial and Stunt Arena. Here, the car is directly reset to the start grid. In normal races on the other hand, the car is reset on top of an AI node. There is now an *.inf key STARTGRIDRESET to customize this behavior.
When this is set to 0 (node reset), the car is reset to an AI node above the start grid rather than directly on the start grid. This can prevent the car from falling into space in case there was a platform at the start grid and it has since moved away. The default value is 1 (grid reset). The option is currently only applicable in Time Trial mode, but it could be extended to Stunt Arena in a future update.
Code: Select all
STARTGRIDRESET 1 ; Grid reset behavior (0: node reset, 1: grid reset)
- Object animations were synchronized in multiplayer by having them start only after the countdown. Animations can now specify a PreCountdown flag to disable this synchronization and let this animation start before the countdown. The online docs have an updated sample file that contains this flag. Use this option carefully: only use them for animations that finish well before the countdown ends (i.e., animation should end in 3-4 seconds).
- 64 Materials
- 32 Corrugations
- 32 Dusts
- 64 Sparks
- 32 Trails
The 3D Sound object (Objects edit mode) has new options. It has:
- A Mode option that can be Continuous, Random or Play Once.
- A Start Time option, effective only in Play Once mode; sets the number of seconds to wait before this sound is played.
- Several TRAIL properties were not read correctly by the game. This is fixed.
- For Sparks and Trails, TexturePage can be set to -1 to disable texturing.
- Cars on top of animated platforms no longer fall through upon reposition.
Further, the game automatically attempts fallback modes when device creation fails. It works like this:
- By default, try the OpenGL 2.0 shader renderer.
- Then, try the ANGLE Direct3D backend (Windows).
- Then, fall back to the OpenGL legacy renderer.
Other changes include:
- New ANGLE libs based on the Chrome 69 branch. These are compatible with Windows XP and above.
- Launching the game in fullscreen should be faster and flicker-free.
The pref path contains game saves and configuration files. These folders belong to the pref path:
- "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\RVGL" (Windows)
- "~/.local/share/RVGL" (Linux)
- The app now targets API 28 (Android 9) and supports the runtime permission model.
- The minimum supported version is now Android 3.1. Support for the ARMv5 32-bit architecture has been removed (minimum is now ARMv7).
- OGG vorbis uses an integer decoder (Tremor) on both 32-bit and 64-bit ARM devices.
- There is better controller support and HIDAPI support, thanks to an updated SDL2.
- The RVGL Controller Map configuration app is likewise updated.
- SDL2 -> 2.0.12
- SDL_image -> 2.0.5
- ENet -> 1.3.15
- OpenAL Soft -> 1.20.1 (Windows)
- OpenAL Soft -> 1.19.1 (Android)
- GLAD -> 2.0.0-beta
- Replays: Each saved replay file has a race results CSV saved alongside. Launch times should be faster thanks to optimized replay files searching at startup.
- Online: AI cars difficulty is once again taken into account in online races. Game should be more stable in levels that have objects like wobbly cone and football.
- Editor: Zones editor now shows whether a car has gone outside zone. The modern Zones editor now uses N key to toggle AI nodes display. Previously, this feature was only available in the legacy editor. Also fixed an inability to deselect triggers in legacy editor, and a visibility issue when drawing lines in shader mode.
- Additional stock cars (those not part of the stack like Clockworks and UFO) can now have custom carbox textures.
- Several other bug fixes.