Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
In another major overhaul of the in-game editor, this release adds modern editor workflows to several more edit modes. All these edit modes now have a modern editor option, accessible by setting LegacyEditorControls = 0 in rvgl.ini.
- AI Nodes (added previously: #1101, #1118)
- Pos Nodes (added previously: #1101, #1118)
- Camera Nodes
- Track Zones
Below is a basic gist of the available options:
Similar to Camera Nodes, the Force Fields file format is updated with new options. This breaks file format compatibility, so we've added a level *.inf key called FLDFORMAT that can be set to zero to save fields in the old format (in which case new features cannot be used). This only affects the saving - the correct *.fld file format is auto-detected when loading. When no FLDFORMAT is set in the *.inf, the new format is used by default.
Each field can have the following properties configured individually:
- Shape (Box or Sphere)
- Direction (Linear or Radial)
- Distribution (Uniform or Gradient)
- Apply (Force or Acceleration)
- Angular Velocity
- Orientation (Forward)
- Spherical field is deprecated. Create a Linear field instead with these properties: Shape - Sphere, Direction - Radial, Distribution - Gradient.
- Wind field is currently limited to Box Shape and Uniform Distribution.
There are new parameters.txt options:
- Super Pro cars are supported by the game. Set Rating to 5. (#1170)
- Cars can be set to be unlocked upon clearing Stunt Arena. Set Obtain to 5.
- Cars can have their own horn sound. Set SFXHONK '<path>'.
- Cars can have their own wheel-turning sound. Set SFXSERVO '<path>'.
- Object Animation received some improvements. Rotating platforms are now possible (note, however, that the moving platform must be Bone 0). custom_animations.txt validation is improved and several bugs are fixed.
- Object Throwers are improved. They can have lap settings specified in Flag High, similar to Object Animation. More objects are now throwable without crashing the game (these objects will use their default settings). (#1164)
- Collision *.ncp file is now supported for Boat and Horse objects. Collision size for Train and Slider is no longer hardcoded.
- Sweep Camera: The starting grid zoom effect can be enabled in user levels. Set SWEEPCAM *.inf key to 1. (#477)
- -nouserlevels: disable custom levels.
- -nousercars: disable custom cars.
- -nouserskins: disable car skins.
- -nousersfx: disable custom car sfx.
- -nouser: disable all the above.
- Editor: The currently active edit mode can be changed directly from the in-game menu.
- Shaders: Better compatibility with devices running Mali-400. UBO works better with various devices (Adreno 3xx, Mali-T720). Fog is performed in the fragment shader.
- Fullscreen emulation: use -nofullscreen command line for borderless fullscreen window (i.e., fake fullscreen).
- Android: Ability to launch from adb shell with command line arguments. Arguments are set through a string extra called 'args'. Eg, `am start -n com.rvgl.rvgl/.RVGLActivity -e args "-nointro -lobby 22.214.171.124"`.
- Fixed broken alpha transparency when Reflections are off. (#1173)
- Particle physics is made consistent at different frame rates. (#1167)
- Fixed crash when using collision render and wireframe. (#1165)
- Fixed championship podium cars using wrong skins.
- Save Car Info option uses consistent line endings across platforms.