Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip (not updated this time)
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.
The network version has been updated!
There is now support for point-to-point tracks or NFS-style sprint tracks. These tracks have the lap count automatically set to 1 and display the progress percent in place of the lap count. To convert your track into a sprint track, set 'GAMETYPE 4' in the level .inf file and define the end position with ENDPOS. This works just like STARTPOS and can be obtained using Right Shift + F9.
Code: Select all
GAMETYPE 4 ; Track type (0:default, 1:battle, 2:stunt, 3:frontend, 4:sprint) ENDPOS -17784 -8846 -90895 ; End position coordinates
Sprint tracks are also playable in Time Trial mode. The car is automatically repositioned to the start position upon completing the lap.
Modern Editor Workflow
We have a new developer on the team - say hello to Frankie - and together we're modernizing the in-game editor! The camera controls have also received an overhaul. These features are enabled through a new [Editor] section in rvgl.ini, containing two new options:
- LegacyCameraControls: Set this to 0 to use modified camera navigation controls. The changes include a more "standard" WSAD set (where W = forward, S = back, Q = up, E = down), and Y-axis movement that follows the mouse motion instead of being inverted.
- LegacyEditorControls: Set this to 0 to switch to the modern editor workflow. This is currently implemented for AI Nodes and Pos Nodes edit modes.
AI Nodes Editor
The editor has also received a couple of other usability improvements:
- Better support for shader mode. (#944)
- Better support for high frame rates. (#480)
- Better mouse cursor and zoom behavior.
- Better mirrored mode support.
Wireframe render in shader mode
- Online: Fixed bugs related to CPU cars (eg, bomb transfer).
- Online: Fixed wrong cheating flags saved to the CSV.
- Online: Fixed key cars not moving in Frontend.
- The camera collision behavior is restored. (#1091)
- Level *.inf parsing is more stable.