Planning All's Fair IV

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.
Marv
Developer

Planning All's Fair IV

Unread post by Marv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Greetings!
I'm taking a break right now and I'd like to ask you a few things about the upcoming All's Fair IV competition.

It's going to take place around March or April. We'll do a poll to decide the best date.

Since the absence of rules proved to be a problem last time, I think it's a good idea to set a few strict rules and guidelines to make the even more streamlined. The following rules should apply in any case:
  • The submitted cars have to be used in the races. The checksum has to match, otherwise you will be kicked from the lobby.
  • Tracks may not be modified this time around. The focus should be on creating a good car.
I'd like to split up the event into two days, preferably Saturday and Sunday.

So from this point on, I'd like you to handle the case and come up with an idea until the 25th of February.
Here's my idea:

Since the event is likely going to be split up into two days again, it would be cool to have one theme per day: The first day could be on-road and the second day off-road tracks.
Participating players can then submit two cars: One for the on-road session and another one for the off-road session. The car has to look the same for the most part.

Curious to hear what you're going to come up with!

I'm also looking for someone to host and resp. stream the event.

Marv
Saffron

Re: Planning All's Fair IV

Unread post by Saffron » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:40 pm

I'd rather All's Fair 4 focus on creating one car, rather than one for each day forcing the more competitive people to double their efforts.
shara--

Unread post by shara-- » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:42 pm

we had 3 individual-based All's Fair competition, which is getting stale in my opinion.
for the next AF, what about a team based All's Fair competition?
people might make more creative cars based on this, similar to Bobby Bros in AF3.

Unread post by 607 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:55 pm

I agree with Saffron.
It would've been nice if this thread would've been linked to in #announcements in the Discord server, as most people don't check the forum.