New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.
User avatar
anonfoxer
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 am
Discord: anonfoxer#8098

New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by anonfoxer » Tue May 19, 2020 2:28 am

I was thinking of making a couple of maps for a new gamemode. Similar to sumo!
1 on 1 battles of vehicles on a circular, raised platform of a predetermined, fixed diameter.
Whoever falls first loses
No weapon pickups.

I understand that LMS Events are a thing, but I feel like even then, having a few tournaments of this would be fun.


I am also in progress of designing a mod loader for RVGL, that would enable modding. Im thinking of some sort of zombie mode that would be fun to try out. :P
User avatar
Tryxn
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:01 pm
Discord: Tryxn (Zeino) #7121
Location: Slovakia

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by Tryxn » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 am

We do in fact have LMS arenas and events. Well, in fact, there's a LMS & Battle Tag Teams Tournament this friday hosted by hajducsekb.
I do like the idea of having no pickups, its pretty cool, really like sumo. If you'd like any help, im up to whip up some arenas for this, sounds pretty fun.

About the zombie mode, wondering what would it be haha
Im the guy thats Bendor main
My youtube & my secret youtube
User avatar
hajducsekb
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm
Location: ~/
Contact:

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by hajducsekb » Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 pm

This all sounds cool!
And now that custom animations are available, I think it'd be fun to do something like this, where the main platform would be rotating. That would definitely give people a hard time. :)
WORDART IS COOL
User avatar
anonfoxer
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 am
Discord: anonfoxer#8098

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by anonfoxer » Sun May 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Tryxn wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 am
We do in fact have LMS arenas and events. Well, in fact, there's a LMS & Battle Tag Teams Tournament this friday hosted by hajducsekb.
I do like the idea of having no pickups, its pretty cool, really like sumo. If you'd like any help, im up to whip up some arenas for this, sounds pretty fun.

About the zombie mode, wondering what would it be haha
If you would be willing, i would be greatly appreciative! I'd have to whip up a dedicated server for it, though. :lol:

As far as the zombie mode, I'm currently working on a way to implement it into a mod.
What I'm thinking of so far is this:
One large arena (possibly a circuit??), where 1 player starts off with the bomb power up (of an infinite fuse duration, so it would never detonate), and with a slight speed boost (perhaps the battery power up?). As they collide with other players, they spread the infection. Now you have 2 players with the bomb effect. Then 3, then 4, then 5, etc. Last man not a "zombie" (bombie, maybe lol) wins!
User avatar
anonfoxer
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 am
Discord: anonfoxer#8098

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by anonfoxer » Sun May 24, 2020 9:36 pm

hajducsekb wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 pm
This all sounds cool!
And now that custom animations are available, I think it'd be fun to do something like this, where the main platform would be rotating. That would definitely give people a hard time. :)
I like the way you think, you're evil :sirblob:
User avatar
javildesign
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Discord: javildesign#5647
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by javildesign » Mon May 25, 2020 6:18 pm

I don't know if this is maybe already around for years, I never do race that much.
But I thought about that every car need to collect 10 stars or coins or whatever that are random placed on the track.
The idea is that you need to collect them all (10/10) in 1 lap and if you miss one, you need to go back.

Could be extended to just search and collect all items and drive as fast as possible to a random location giving to the player after it collected all the items. Whoever is the first at the exit location wins. Need some serious coding adjustments probably.. but it's just a start of an idea ;)
User avatar
hajducsekb
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm
Location: ~/
Contact:

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by hajducsekb » Tue May 26, 2020 2:02 pm

javildesign wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:18 pm
I don't know if this is maybe already around for years, I never do race that much.
But I thought about that every car need to collect 10 stars or coins or whatever that are random placed on the track.
The idea is that you need to collect them all (10/10) in 1 lap and if you miss one, you need to go back.

Could be extended to just search and collect all items and drive as fast as possible to a random location giving to the player after it collected all the items. Whoever is the first at the exit location wins. Need some serious coding adjustments probably.. but it's just a start of an idea ;)
So kind of like an Online Stunt Arena mode? :gabe:
WORDART IS COOL
User avatar
javildesign
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Discord: javildesign#5647
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: New Game mode ideas, thoughts?

Unread post by javildesign » Sun May 31, 2020 8:58 am

hajducsekb wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:02 pm
So kind of like an Online Stunt Arena mode? :gabe:
I don't know if it is called like that ;)
Post Reply