Zeino's Monthly Time Trial Challenges

A place for tourneys, competitions and other online racing events.
Tryxn

Re-Volt Zeino's Monthly Time Trial Challenges

Unread post by Tryxn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Howdy!

After racing in time trial with some cars that are kinda difficult to drive, a simple idea popped in my mind - monthly time trial challenges. Every month with a car that is not a part of any I/O pack will be selected as the monthly challenge car. Participants will try to race the best times in time trial with selected car on the selected random tracks (Stock + main IO). If the selected car will have problems on any track (e.g. too slow, bugged to the ground etc.) the track is going to be replaced with another custom I/O track (excluding bonus). With this said we can move to some simple stuff/rules:
• You can only use the selected monthly car.
• You can't change any line in the monthly car's parameters.txt.
• You can post your times in this forum thread or send them to me trought discord [Tryxn (Zeino)
#7121].
• Please post your times same as you would do to the classic time trials.
• At the end of the month the final leaderboard will be released here and the discord server.

With the rules and basic stuff told, I can announce this months time trial challenge.
This months challenge car is RC Goblin (You can get it here: http://revoltzone.net/cars/2482/RC%20Goblin).
The two random I/O tracks for this month are Spa-Volt 1 (both ways) and Amco TT (both ways).
RC Goblin cannot race Toys In The Hood 1 and Supermarket 1 in regular versions of tracks because for some reason they spawn in the ground. Because of this you can only race the reversed versions of the stated tracks and there's going to be added a third I/O track as a placeholder. This track is Snowy River (both ways). This means, you need to race TITH1 and SM1, but only in reversed + Snowy River in both ways.
This months deadline is going to be extended far to March 1st.
If you need any more information about this, feel free to contact me trough discord or down below in this forum thread.
Any car suggestions for future time trial challenges are welcome.

Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by Tryxn on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im the guy thats Bendor main
My youtube & my secret youtube
Wichilie

Re: Zeino's Monthly Time Trial Challenges

Unread post by Wichilie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Well, RC Goblin is definitely a challenge :­P

[hide=TIMES]
[/hide]
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Howdy, yet again!

I would like to remind you all, that the end of the two month ZTT challenge of months of January and February is officially coming to an end. The deadline for posting your times to this forum thread or sending them to me directly trought discord [Tryxn (Zeino)#7121] is March 1st, 12 UTC.
I've kind of made an oopsie with the track selection this time and im sorry for that. :grimacing: So to make sure in the next month's ZTT Challenge i'll change the track selection a bit. This months tracks we're the following (if you still want to join at the last minute): Spa-Volt 1 + R, AMCO TT + R, Snowy River + R, Toys in the hood R, Supermarket 1 R. Sorry if I have stated wrongfully in the main post (and I wasn't pretty active on the forums either way). :pout:

Hope I made everything clear and remember the deadline is March 1st, 12 UTC. The results of the event will be out around March 1st 16 UTC. If you consider participating, all I can say at the minute is good luck!
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 am

Last minute entry from me, had fun, not much on long tracks. :grimacing:
► Show Spoiler
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sun May 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Howdy!

After a two month pause you all hear something from me again!
Announcing ZTT Challenge of May
The rules stay the same (if you are not familiar with them, read above, in the first post), but the track list and the car change.
This months "unorthodox" car choice, picked by the community (two months ago) is Maxx "Z", which you can get here: http://revoltzone.net/cars/25121/Maxx (you can check the results here, even though I cannot lock the strawpoll :hausderp: : https://strawpoll.com/aaz7pf9z)
The random track list is the following:
  • Toy World 1 (both ways)
  • Toy World 2 (both ways)
  • Holiday Camp: California Edition (both ways)
  • Venice (both ways)
  • & Santorini (both ways)
Remember, you can post your times in this forum thread or send them to me trought discord [Tryxn (Zeino)
#7121].
With everything said, good luck and have fun!

Also, even tough I have already announced the winner of the previous ZTT Challenge, HUGE congratulations goes to Wichilie!
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Heya! Quick notice, I forgot about me running this 'til today. I'm forwarding the deadline to the 1st of August, 12 UTC, as i've got no participants yet. Feel free to try this challenge out and compete!
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:20 am

Hello all, it is I again, Zeino boy
~
After noticing I had no participants for the latest round, I've decided to change it up a bit. Things didn't go the way I have expected sooo yeah..

Announcing ZTT Challenge of November!

The rules stay the same as usual, if you are not familiar with them, read the first post of the thread. Track list changes, yet the car stays. The reason why I have decided so is simple, there really weren't any challengers for the challenge itself and the unorthodox car choice is just a really nice challenge of your handling skills on most of the tracks. Get the car itself here.
I also changed the track list up a bit, meaning, you have to race all following tracks only the way they are listed below. This months random track list consists of the following:
  • Helios
  • Venice R
  • Ghost Town 2
  • Snowland 1 R
  • Supermarket 1
The deadline for posting your times is the 30th November 12:00 UTC!
Remember, you can post your times in the form of screenshots in this forum thread or send them to me directly trought discord [Tryxn (Zeino)
#7121].
With everything said, good luck and have fun once again!

Unread post by 607 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:12 pm

I like Maxx "Z", so I will participate in this.
However, there's an issue I would like to point out. You keep saying "read the first post of the thread". However, the OP says the following:
Tryxn wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:14 pm Participants will try to race the best times in time trial with selected car on every stock track (including rooftops) in both normal and reversed versions (excluding mirrored and reversed mirrored).
This is what originally made me disregard the challenge, as I found that to require too much effort. That is over 30 time trial results, isn't it?
But now it seems like the track selection is actually very limited, in this case to 5 tracks. That's totally different! So you should probably clarify that in the OP.
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 pm

607 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:12 pm ...there's an issue I would like to point out. You keep saying "read the first post of the thread". However, the OP says the following:
Tryxn wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:14 pm Participants will try to race the best times in time trial with selected car on every stock track (including rooftops) in both normal and reversed versions (excluding mirrored and reversed mirrored).
This is what originally made me disregard the challenge, as I found that to require too much effort. That is over 30 time trial results, isn't it?
But now it seems like the track selection is actually very limited, in this case to 5 tracks. That's totally different! So you should probably clarify that in the OP.
Yes, thank you for pointing that one out, fixed! Back then I wanted it to be a kinda huge thing and didn't really pay attention on what I was writing, oopsies!

Unread post by 607 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Ah, I forgot about this for a bit!
Still need to do the last two races (and I wouldn't mind improving on some of the older times... ;)).

Unread post by 607 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Okay, I did a session on every track! Half an hour to an hour each. I had most fun on Ghost Town 2 and Supermarket 1, which are also my most improved ones, but if I do have another session before the deadline, it will probably be on either of those tracks, as I enjoyed them most. :P
► Show Spoiler
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:45 am

► Show Spoiler
I gave up pretty fast overall haha! Snowland 1 R gotta be my favourite!

Unread post by 607 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Wow, I had not expected it to be possible to be so competitive using the keyboard! :o Is there a program to watch replays of ghost files? I want to see how you did these. :P
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:53 am

Hello all, it's me, Zeino here once again!
~
The results for the ZTT November Challenge are out! Check them out here!

HUGE congratulations goes to @Kipy on winning this round of ZTT Challenges! It was a really close battle and i'm more than glad you've enjoyed this round! Huge thank you goes to URV with the help with the session parser.

Stay tuned for the next round of ZTT Challenges!
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Heya,
~
with December coming to an end, I can safely announce the ZTT January Challenge! To be specific, round four of this awesome competition, where winners don't get a thing! Rules stay the same, for more info check previous ZTT announcements, yet the tracklist changes once again. This time, there will be a little twist - You may only race with these 5 cars picked, but only use each car once.

January will be special, we'll be roadtrucking! The cars, ehm, trucks selected were: Phat Trucker, BossVolt, Titan, Mad Bilby and BHV1. I suggest getting the I/O pack to get most of them. You can get Titan here and Mad Bilby here.

The tracklist is as it follows:
  • Hull Breach 3000
  • Rooftops R
  • Rooftop Chase: Redux
  • Penny Racers - Harbour R
  • Toy World 1
I suggest racing tactically, plan out what car to use on what track to save time. Results will be in the form as last time.

The deadline for posting your times is the 31st January 12:00 UTC!
Remember, you can post your times in the form of screenshots in this forum thread or send them to me directly trought discord [Tryxn (Zeino)
#7121].
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:45 am

Woke up early just to participate in my own challenge :hausderp:
► Show Spoiler
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:49 am

607 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 pm Wow, I had not expected it to be possible to be so competitive using the keyboard! :o Is there a program to watch replays of ghost files? I want to see how you did these. :P
Ooops, didn't notice this message 607, apologies. I have some beta-runs (not final) recorded, even with keystrokes. It isn't much but I can upload it for you to take a look haha

Unread post by 607 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:07 pm

Tryxn wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:49 am Ooops, didn't notice this message 607, apologies. I have some beta-runs (not final) recorded, even with keystrokes. It isn't much but I can upload it for you to take a look haha
That would be cool! In my YouTube video on Maxx "Z" I explained that it is hardly usable at all with keyboard steering. You seem to be proving me wrong, so I'm curious about that. :P
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Heyaaa all, it is me, Zeino, here once again!~

The results for the ZTTJanuary Challenge are out! Check them out here!

HUGE congratulations goes to @Dragonnico98 on winning this round of ZTT Challenges! It was a close battle overall and i'm more than glad you've all enjoyed this round just as before!

Stay tuned for the next round of ZTT Challenges!

(uh oh, I've made an error and Vlad pointed out to me that I accidentally left in Mad Bilby twice, specifically my time on Toy World 1 was done with Titan, not Mad Bilby. See my message higher for proof!)

Unread post by 607 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Doesn't work.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:23 pm

The link had to be updated due to a mistake with the filename. Check again.
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:49 am

Heyyy~,
as the weather is getting sunnier and such, I can safely announce the ZTT February Challenge! Specifically, round five of this awesome competition, where winners literally don't get a thing! Rules stay the same, for more info check previous ZTT announcements, yet the tracklist changes once again. This time around, the time until the deadline will be a bit shorter, as you might have noticed the date im posting this. That is, because the whole month of February is the shortest month of them all.

Due to this, in February, we will be taking a look on some short tracks mixed with some long ones, driving on them with a specific, quick car! Shinobi speak up, were talking about you!

The tracklist is as it follows:
  • Supermarket 2 R
  • Quake!
  • Radioactive Garden R
  • Ghost Town 1
  • Moon Dawn R
I suggest getting the IO packs to get all content.

The deadline for posting your times is the 1st March 12:00 UTC!
Remember, you can post your times in the form of screenshots in this forum thread or send them to me directly trought discord [Tryxn (Zeino)#7121].
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Yay, finally a car and tracks which I all have installed. And in addition Shinobi is also one of my favourite cars. :)

So here my first times. Will for sure post better times later this month, but for the first this should do.
► Show Spoiler

Unread post by 607 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:56 pm

The weather is getting sunnier and such? I hope not, we haven't even had snow or ice yet here. :P
You mention the I/O packs... is this not the car that you are getting at? http://revoltzone.net/cars/29521/Shinobi
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:09 pm

607 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:56 pm The weather is getting sunnier and such? I hope not, we haven't even had snow or ice yet here. :P
You mention the I/O packs... is this not the car that you are getting at? http://revoltzone.net/cars/29521/Shinobi
Yes, I suggest getting the IO packs as they have all the tracks and the car all together which makes it easier for them to get it I suppose.