Christmas Championship 2020

A place for tourneys, competitions and other online racing events.
URV
Administrator

Christmas Championship 2020

Unread post by URV » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Does anyone here still remember Christmas Championship 2010? I had quite the lofty vision with that tourney, and definitely had no idea what I was doing. 11 hours of nearly non-stop racing? Christ.

Still, despite how the cars turned out, and despite how poorly I handled my first tourney, I couldn't help but get really attached to the whole thing, even after so long. 10 years later, it felt like the perfect opportunity to bring it back, which was even enough to take me out of the self-imposed break from Re-Volt that I was in the middle of.

With the help of a small team consisting of myself, Paperman, Trixed and krobe (along with feedback from many others), the original cars have been remastered in less than a month. This was possible especially thanks to Paperman, who put the most amount of work into this project. Without him, I don't think I would have been able to make this tourney a reality. My sincerest thanks to you, Paperman, and everyone else who helped.

Without further ado, here's a showcase of the remastered cars:

[hide=Car Selection]Speed Gnome
With what is probably the weirdest design in the entire roster (yet still not as weird as the original design), Speed Gnelf Gnoblin Gnome is an all-rounder that might make a solid choice for beginners.

Ice Spike
Ice Spike can leave its competition behind thanks to its high acceleration and stability, but can be kept in check due to its light weight.

Arctic Dozer
Taking the top spot in terms of weight, this heavy dozer ploughs through cars like snow.

Snowflake
In contrast, Snowflake lives up to its name with a weight even lower than R6 Turbo. If it doesn't get shot into oblivion, its top-notch acceleration and steering can keep it ahead of its competition.

Golden Bell
Heavy but stable, driving Golden Bell feels like lugging a literal golden bell around.

Comet
At a whopping 44 miles per hour, Comet has the ability to leave its competition in the dust, so long as it gets the chance to reach that speed.

Candy Cane
Nimble and easy to drive, Candy Cane makes a solid choice for players who seek stability.

Glacier
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Snowball
Snowflake's sibling on drugs: what it lacks in performance is made up by its insane cornering ability.

Starlight
This vehicle is currently experiencing technical difficulties and is in the middle of having its chaotic flying physics removed for the benefit of everyone's sanity.

Monster Knot
This bad boy can lean so hard it really makes you feel like a monster truck.

Ski X
It has skis so it needs to use the rear wheels to steer which I think is pretty cool, man.

Zerostar
This is an abominable crossing between Saeger and Endo on six shots of whisky.[/hide]

The best thing is that this isn't even the full roster! We have one car intended for a special special event, along with three more brand new cars in the works by Paperman right now. Please consider supporting his work his work on RVZ.

I will update this thread later on when the packs are out and the schedule is fully planned. In the meantime, I hope to see you at the premiere this Sunday!

Re: Christmas Championship 2020

Unread post by 607 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:06 pm

That looks cool, nice work!
I hope some people showed up for the premiere? :)