Themed Lego Extreme Track Competition, Round 2

A place for tourneys, competitions and other online racing events.

Which submissions are your favorite?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:54 pm

Skeleton Rave by Alex
17%
Schizophrenia by Kiwi
50%
Nightmare by Floke
25%
Miner's End [WIP] by Wichilie
8%

Total votes: 12
Wichilie

Themed Lego Extreme Track Competition, Round 2

Unread post by Wichilie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:35 am

Remember when I said there would be another one of these soon in June, and then again in July? Well, 3 months later, here's the second installment! Zeino and I would like to invite you to another round of our Themed Lego Extreme Track Competition!

Rules
The goal of the competition is to create a Lego Extreme track fitting a certain theme. These tracks will then be judged in a poll by all those willing to do so, after which a winner is declared.
Changes to a default Lego track can range from simple texture swaps to fully modelled environments, as long as the raceline is still largely based on that of the original Lego one. For reference, The Catacombs is a good example of how far you are allowed to push the boundaries.

Details
Last round, the theme was Spring to go along with the time of year. While the theme is not bound to always be relevant to current events, we are actually gonna do something similar this time; the theme will be Halloween. This doesn't have to be your stereotypical jack-o'-lanterns and candy; anything spooky is welcome. The submission deadline is 27/10/2019, at 24:00 UTC. To enter, all you need to do is send your submission to either Tryxn (Zeino)#7121 or Wichilie#8974 on Discord, before the deadline passes.
You can get the latest version of the Track Editor here.

We hope to see your track soon!

Re: Themed Lego Extreme Track Competition, Round 2

Unread post by 607 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am

Ugh, my most detested theme. :P That's disappointing, but oh well.
Alex

Unread post by Alex » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Cool to see this back. Got a few fun ideas, just need to think of how to implement them within a lego frame. Hopefully a few more entries too
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 am

Sweet! I'll be participating myself this time, so we'll at least match last round's submissions :P
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Since this competiton coincidently shares its theme with the recently announced Halloween Carnival, any tracks that are submitted qualify for its tracklist. If you want your track to be raced there, make sure to submit it before 24/10/2019 at 1800 UTC instead of the regular deadline.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:33 pm

I've submitted my entry for the contest today. I've also uploaded it to the Re-Volt Zone.

You can download Schizophrenia here.
And/or watch a 3-lap-race video on Schizophrenia here.

WARNING: Playing this track may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Player discretion is advised.

"S c h i z o p h r e n i a"

1) Prologue: Die Manifestation des Kapitalismus in unserem Leben ist die Traurigkeit
2) Chapter 1: Happiness?
3) Chapter 2: The Wave of Mutilation
4) Chapter 3: The Horror, The Horror.
5) Epilogue: "The Heart of Darkness"

Prologue and Epilogue are included as text files.

Original Music by Qvarcos (Flyboy)

For best experience, play in a dark environment, with sound and music on.

Have fun, take care of yourself.
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 pm

The deadline has passed, and submissions are closed! Actually, the deadline passed 2 days ago. Sorry for the delay '^^.
For the next 3 days, you will be able to vote on which submission you think deserves to win, through the poll at the top of this thread. Your options are: You can download all submissions at once from this pack.
Alex

Unread post by Alex » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Schizophrenia is without a doubt the standout here for me. Just like Beehive Valley Adventures last round this track does something completely new with the game that hasn't been done before and succeeds at what it sets out to do incredibly well. It's likely the closest we'll ever get to a true horror map and to do that within the bounds of a lego extreme track is insanely impressive.

Unread post by 607 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:26 am

To my surprise, I like all of the tracks! A lot of creativity. And two out of 4 tracks weren't even Halloween-themed! :P

My favourites are Schizophrenia and Miner's End [WIP]. Both have got good atmosphere, and the former, like Alex said, seems to do something completely unique. Miner's End was the only track that was truly fun to race for me, when counting only the racing itself, and not the fun special effects, that's why I voted for that one as well. However, to make it a really outstanding track, it should get some more atmosphere. The title "Miner's End" seems to suggest a story about a miner; however, there is really no sign of any mining ever having taken place around the track. If you could tell a story with this track, it would be amazing. :)
► Show Spoiler
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:49 pm

The voting has come to an end, and Kiwi's Schizophrenia is declared the winner! Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone who participated or voted! Hopefully we'll see you again in a next installment~
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:57 pm

[hide=RE: 607]I'm glad you liked the raceline! Story elements are planned for the final release, so you can look forward to that ;­). It will probably be a while before a release happens though, so don't expect it soon.[/hide]